Up Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I ordered an UP, was extremely excited about getting it, then after a few events was given a couple of years old MiTo Veloce for free (and had to give up the dream of an UP).

Every time I drive past an UP it always makes me remember how excited I was at the prospect of getting my UP, and it would have been delivered this month at some point.

Anyway, I was really looking forward to posting pics of it but now I can't
I joined the Alfa owners forum but they're nowhere as fab as this place, so to make myself feel better, I'm posting images of my MiTo here for your perusal.

Some details:

09' Veloce spec, 1.4 turbo charged, 120BhP, sports trim (tinted windows, chrome sills/wing mirrors, Alfa sports pedals, red embossed calipers (which I think look awesome on the alloys). Anyway, it's not an UP, but its get from A to B pretty quick for a smallish car (my model is probably around the same cost as what an UP GT is most likely going to be)

Oh and sorry for somewhat dodgy image quality - Was taken using an iPad:

Edited by: Fidel_Castronaut

·
Registered
811 Posts
That's nice. I do have a soft spot for Alfas and drove a 156 for a while. A great car when it was running....

My Dad had an Alfasud in the seventies and I haveextremelyfond memories of it.Disastrousrust though.
Edited by: Allybasher

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Allybasher said:
That's nice. I do have a soft spot for Alfas and drove a 156 for a while. A great car when it was running....

My Dad had an Alfasud in the seventies and I haveextremelyfond memories of it.Disastrousrust though.
Ha, yeah, the rust is a big issue but thankfully on the new generation of Alfa's (MiTo and Giulietta) I think they've managed to eliminate (to a degree at least) the things that made alfa's hilariously crap to manage over the long term.

The wheels actually stay on them now too!

·
Registered
587 Posts
Mito is a cracking little premium car and it is both faster and a little more refined than the up! and for free is a cracking car in top Veloce spec as well. Could be worst you could have the lack lustre 1.4 16v N/A lump. I would be happy with that over an up! Different cars though in many ways.

·
Registered
811 Posts
.......to keep your hands warm when you are pushing them.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Got it in one! But seriously, the car looks great and is more than a match for an up. Enjoy it!

·
Registered
393 Posts
Why don't you chop it in for the GT when it comes out? I bet you won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Supermegamonkee said:
Lovely looking car, Im pretty sure I have already seen it on campus ;)
Cheers, yes I've parked it there a couple of times but I usually leave it at home as i don't have a permit (can only get through the barriers if if the mrs is going with me as she's staff in biosciences). Every time I see your up drive past I always smile. Still love them, think they're the nicest looking small cars on the road.

Also LOL about the rear heated windows. I hope it never comes to that ;)

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
M4796P said:
Why don't you chop it in for the GT when it comes out? I bet you won't be disappointed.
I've been thinking about it. I think I would get around 8/9k give or take for it if I sell it, only 25k on the clock and is in immaculate condition (no dings or anything).

Thing is me and the mrs might be starting a family soon and I'd have to reconcile the space of the mito with the up (mito is somewhat bigger inside but I could get used to the back of a GT).

Decisions to make in the coming year no doubt. I'll see what the finances and family situation is like around Christmas and see where we go from there. Plus obviously I want to know what it's going to cost when it comes out. 15k I think is too hefty for an up, even a GT model.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Wise choice sir! Sometimes your head has to rule your heart, you'll always be an Up!per on this forum!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts