Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From when I picked her up from the dealership last Friday.

I opted for Maps & More, a M&M case, and carpeted floor mats.
It's been a very enjoyable 650 kms so far

Edited by: up_take87

·
Registered
134 Posts
G'day mate, very nice indeed, if you want a run out, hop across to Packenham and see my sister

·
Registered
134 Posts
Small car, small world

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Small World it is! Nice spotting too, up-down-under! It certainly is Berwick. I had a very positive experience buying from them.

·
Registered
33 Posts
up_take87 said:
Small World it is! Nice spotting too, up-down-under! It certainly is Berwick. I had a very positive experience buying from them.

got mine from them as well. it 's the shortest way from emerald.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I looked at Ferntree Gully as well, but I settled on Berwick as Ipreferredtheir dealership. It's closest to home also.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello All,

I have just joined the site tonight and what do I read and see, people who work in Pakenham, live in Emerald and purchased their car in Berwick. Very small world. I picked up a VW Golf wagon on Friday for my wife at VW Berwick and will be going to Berwick VW to buy myself an UP in a week or two. I also work in Pakenham.

Are you all happy with the UP?

Cheers

Peter

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hello Peter, and welcome. I'm thrilled to hear from moreMelbournian's on this forum. It sounds like the up is becoming a hit down here, anddeservedlyso.

I've nowtraveled over 1750 kms on mine and I love it. For me it was a pretty dramatic downsize from the large six and eight cylinder cars that I've been accustomed to. The up is by far the smallest car I've ever driven, but in many ways it's been the most fun and enjoyable.

I'm really impressed with how refined the up feels. It's much quieter and smoother than I expected it to be. There's more road noise than a larger car due to minimal soundproofing, but I still find it very quiet. The cabin isincredibly spaciousfor the front two passengers and verycomfortable. I find the seats a little firm for my liking, butthat'smy only complaint.

Fuel economy so far has been fantastic, with a 5.3l/100km average based on brim-to-brim tests. That's closer to vw's figures than I expected to achieve for my daily commute. It's also very hilly in my region, so I'm not too light on the throttle either. Range is just shy of 700kms.

The 1 litre mill gives me more than enough power to keep pace with everyone else and it feels good on the highway at 100+kphtoo. It's also better up hills than expected (drove up lake mountain with no worries!) providing you're in the right gear and you plant your foot! Steering is sharp, and I find the compromise between handling and ride comfort very good.

I hope this helps you out a little. Good luck, and let us know how you get along!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello Up Take 87
Thanks so much for your contact. Been a bit busy to reply...sorry. Still deciding whether to get a 3 door or 5 door. I think that we should make a Vic club where we can meet every so often and share our love of the UP.

Talk soon. Pete

·
Registered
176 Posts
UpMelbourne said:
Hello Up Take 87
Thanks so much for your contact. Been a bit busy to reply...sorry. Still deciding whether to get a 3 door or 5 door. I think that we should make a Vic club where we can meet every so often and share our love of the UP.

Talk soon. Pete

Watch out! No "memory" on the 3 door front seats. If someone gets in the back the seat position has to be reset. Not a problem if nobody gets in the back of course but even so for the extra cost, got to go with the 5 door... so much more flexible use of space.

·
Registered
53 Posts
The non-memory seats aren't that big a deal (despite the whining about it on this site....) and I do use them frequently when putting the dogs in the car. If you won't be using the back seats a lot, get the 3 door. It's $1000 cheaper and it looks better.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Joycey said:
The non-memory seats aren't that big a deal (despite the whining about it on this site....) and I do use them frequently when putting the dogs in the car. If you won't be using the back seats a lot, get the 3 door. It's $1000 cheaper and it looks better.

Wow, the price difference is a lot smaller here in the UK only £375 which I've just looked to see is about AUD$564. The 5 door is much more competitive at our prices.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I wish all Euro cars could be bought here in OZ at prices equivalent to the UK. Everyone would be driving them! There's a small premium to pay for owning a VW, but it's still a great bargainand miles better than it'scompetition.

I had a hard time choosing between the 3 and 5 door. I'm happy I bought the 5 door as I've had more back seat passengers than I thought I would! And Idon'tlike fiddling around with the seats once I've found my comfy setting. It's really all up to personal preference, and I would recommend having a good long drive and sit in both.

Edited by: up_take87

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ditto on the idea of a Vic UP club, UpMelbourne!

I know you guys are out there, but I've only seen 2 UP's on the road since I took delivery of mine. It would be good to rally up some local enthusiasm.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

I had a Thule roof rack and bike carrier fitted this weekend, so I hit the trails this arvo.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
The bizarre thing is that if you covered the OZ plate, this could be my dealer, same car,windows , door placement, etc etc ( I mean the building!). Clearly a 'corporate identity' 12000 miles away!

Enjoy your car...looks fab.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts