Up Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The time has arrived and I love it...

It's perfect, although I can see all the quirks that people talk about (noises etc)...

Here are some pics!

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Personally, I like the white around the dials...

·
Registered
619 Posts
A very nice car SiJ2000 - black is really nice when it is clean and polished. Although I didn't go for the leather seats on my car, I think they make the cabin a nicer place to spend some time. Enjoy...

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Lookin' Great.......Enjoy Mate!

·
Registered
386 Posts
Yes, for me I like the dials better this way too (although I won't have the choise either of course, haha)

The seats really do look nice aswell but I went for the stripes though

Enjoy!!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Nice looking Up there

But be warned, as a fellow black color owner there are a few "hot spots" that get extremely dirty even with just normal rain. These are the fuel filler caps lower part which gathers water and sprays it as a nice dirty line from there to the back of the car and then the top part of the back bumper just before the glass window starts. The water just does not run away from there and always leaves marks.

I'm enthusiastic about keeping my car clean so no problems, but if you want to have it really nice looking and clean all the time, the black takes its toll.

Edited by: ZillUp

·
Registered
41 Posts
Looking good! My up black is at the dealer, was hoping I'd have it by the weekend but reckon it will be next week now! Not seen any up blacks driving around my way so looking forward to getting it, nice to see another one will be on the road :)

·
Registered
619 Posts
My last car was black and I made a supreme effort to keep it clean but, after venturing out in the rain for example, I would be back to square one. Grrrrr...

I think I burned myself out with my efforts to clean that car. Now, I just wash my Up 'now and then' and don't sweat if I see the odd bit of grime. The best colour of car I found for hiding the dirt was silver - the car just gets progressively more grey as time goes on.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Twins. About time
Looking good.

Hope your enjoying it! Are you as pleased with it as you thought you would be?

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Love it... It's great... One day we can all meet up somewhere and have chats and nice pics. We used to do little meets (like Watford as that was where M1 and M25 meet so very easy for everyone to get to) with the EOS club... Was good fun! :)

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
We used to go to all the club meets when the new beetle first came out. Can't even remember where we used to go, all different places.

Be good to see everyone and my cars nearest relative

·
Registered
525 Posts
ZillUp said:
Nice looking Up there 

But be warned, as a fellow black color owner there are a few "hot spots" that get extremely dirty even with just normal rain. These are the fuel filler caps lower part which gathers water and sprays it as a nice dirty line from there to the back of the car and then the top part of the back bumper just before the glass window starts. The water just does not run away from there and always leaves marks.

I'm enthusiastic about keeping my car clean so no problems, but if you want to have it really nice looking and clean all the time, the black takes its toll. 
Great looking car. Enjoy! And don't worry about the dirt. It's not just on black ones, it gathers in just the same places on mine but it's a pleasure to clean!

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cheers all! my EOS was same colour, so I am ok with that! :)

Its done nearly 40 miles now!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts