Up Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there everyone,I've had a move up ordered and apparently made 14/04/12 but ive been on your forum for 3 days and your making me all jealous,I now want a better model,with a sunroof,can you change the model you want to buy this late or am I stuck with my move up,ps,the salesman put me off buying a sunroof when I was ordering my car as he said it would take an extra 3months for one.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Yeah, really it is too late.

Naughty dealer though telling you that, although saying that ours said he could get a car by end of April if I was prepared to settle for nothing I wanted bar the colour! If it's the sunroof you want you maybe able to arrange to have it fitted through the workshop or maybe someone like Autoglass may be able to put one in

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks zumbaqueen,,yeah he def recommended not to take the sunroof and when your getting your new car you want it to be what you want and not what the salesman wants,ah well I might just call in and chance my arm,they seem to have an up white in the showroom which wasn't there 2weeks ago,have you got yours yet?

·
Registered
6 Posts
When I went for a test drive it was in a black move Up! with Bluemotion. The Salesman said he could do me a deal on one exactly the same and I would have it by early April. I spent ages at home thinking about it before deciding I would rather wait and have exactly what I wanted. When I went back to order they tried to sell me a Polobut I went through exactly what I'd decided on and they said 'you've really thought about all this a lot!'

·
Registered
421 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
I must admit I have heard of the sunroofs taking an age... however if its what you want, speak to the dealer.. they would easily be able to sell your car to another buyer, demand is so high for the up at the mo!

·
Registered
677 Posts
Welcome to the forum! My advice would be to order what you want, cause if you dont and get something that you didn't have you heart set on then it wont be as special! What 3 months waiting when your going to have the car for a couple years??

P.s. I wish I spent the extra pennies on a sun roof .... it does look sexy!

·
Registered
956 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum.

I ordered my Move up! on 23 March. Knew exactly what I wanted (BMT, M&M, sunroof) & my dealer just got on with the order. Never mentioned anything about it taking longer if you wanted the sunroof but did say estimated delivery was 30 July.

Anyway, found out a couple of weeks later that mine was due build week 20 (that's this week folks, my baby's being built as we speak
) and estimated delivery is now mid June so around 12 weeks in total. Think your dealer was either telling porkies or been mis-informed by his bosses.

Not sure how these things work but it wouldn't hurt to check if it's too late to change the order or you may be able to have a sunroof fitted later. Good luck & hope you get it sorted.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I would check with your dealer. If you've had a build week confirmed (Status 20) then you won't be able to amend your order. If this were the case you could place another order but you'd be lucky to get the car before September now as demand is far out stripping supply. I've 2 High Ups ordered last month which are still just sat on the system awaiting confirmation! Just have a chat with your sales exec and see what they say.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just got my white move up with my alloys yesterday,love it,class car,I was doubting if white was the best choice,not now,beautiful.

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
picutres please :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts