Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The good : Very economically on gas, Good sound on the sereo system, and... That"s al!
The bad: Driver"s seat is too low. Bad angle of view. Engine is too noisy. The bearing pressure of the clutch is noisy . Gearbox rattles . The car is shacking in idle{washing machine like}. After you pass the100kmh you can hear a whine from the transmission. And before, between 80-100kmh you can hear also some kind a rattle too. There"s no button on the driver"s door for the passenger power window.

No electrical mirrors. There are some cars with a strong noise {whistle} from the water pump. Today in my car the window falls in the door compartment itself in the middle of the road. The plastic is so cheap...
I don"t have enough time to write all the deffects in this car. THIS CAR IS SUCK! I HATE IT !

The designer of this car needs to shame itself. How he can to release a piece of junk like this?
It is completelly waste of money to buy a piece of garbage like this, and a completelly waste of time to repair it. I hope the engine and the gearbox gonna die soon. And i hope the dealer is gonna take this car back!

BEST WISHES AND HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE HERE !

·
Registered
251 Posts
I actually agree with many of your points. HOWEVER, you should have been able to detect 99% of the 'faults' you mention during the testdrive and/or showroom inspection. The Up! is a cheap little city car that's easy to drive and park, and that's what I wanted. I also have a Jaguar XKR for longer journeys and a Ford Transit van to haul stuff around in.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This "was" my wife"s car. She"s going alone to the dealer here and buy this "car" for the shppping, hair dresser etc...

After a while she start to took my car {FIESTA ST}. Now she doesn"t want to drive with the MII anymore!
I will try to sale this car quickly, in every way possible. It"s horrible ! It was a big mistake !

·
Registered
31 Posts
Should have bought the VW version and test drove it before purchase. Most of which you describe are not faults but characteristics of the car.You cant condemn the car for the things you failed to see and hear.

·
Registered
430 Posts
sergio1962 said:
This "was" my wife"s car. She"s going alone to the dealer here and buy this "car" for the shppping, hair dresser etc...

After a while she start to took my car {FIESTA ST}. Now she doesn"t want to drive with the MII anymore! 
I will try to sale this car quickly, in every way possible. It"s horrible ! It was a big mistake ! 
I can recommend using the carbuyer videos on YouTube for excellent reviews...research is the key to buying a car suitable for your needs, however,your complaints regarding this car indicates you probably need to spend a good deal more money in order to be satisfied.

·
Registered
41 Posts
perksm said:
Should have bought the VW version and test drove it before purchase. Most of which you describe are not faults but characteristics of the car.You cant condemn the car for the things you failed to see and hear.
And why should he have brought the VW version and not the others?!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All that kind of issues i have posted, exist on my car. Exactly on this moments i"m sitting here{in the waiting room}in the garage and wait to the car to be fixed. I hope they not gonna scratching my paint or mess the interior. Here, in our country, nobody likes some european cars, especially SEAT SKODA CITROEN and more. They prefer cars from japan,korea,india{SUZUKI ALTO AND NISSAN MICRA},thailand and even china. The people here think the european community is in trouble, and they not have enough budget to produce good cars, like others.

But the most common problems have the VAG cars, and TSI cars with DSG.
EXAMPLES: Timing chains fails in very short time and miles {above 18000mi}. Turbo chargers finish they lives, sometimes twice in the warranty period, engines,even before 50000miles, The DSG is a huge story here.
Anyway the SEAT MII souldn"t have this kind of troubles, like the other cars, and im still waiting here for a"MIRACLE". This car is only three months older and has so much troubles...
My friends warnings me and my wife not to approach this company, but my wife makes a mistake,
A BIG ONE, and now it"s too late to return back.
This car costs here, 10000 pounds. it comes with ESP, AC,POWER WINDOWS AND CENTRAL LOCKING. 6 SPEAKERS{was upgrated to MOREL CONPONENT}.
If someone will give me 6000 pounds for this car , it will be a MIRACLE !

·
Registered
851 Posts
I guess in any community some have good experiences and some have bad. I have had my up for just over a year. All i do is put petrol in it and it works perfectly. I have found it to be reliable, economical and characterful. It's so perfect for me that i have ordered a new one to upgrade.Edited by: AlanG

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They just finish to "repair" my. "REPAIR???" a joke!!! They didnt do nothing. The garage manager sais: "We don"t have parts for replace the window movement" and "We order for you the water pump".

Conclusion: the car was two hours in the garage and nothibg happened. AHH! Exept two minor {and ugly} scratches from inside, when they tryng to remove the door cover.
The service of the dealer here is useless.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Ben_Seat said:
perksm said:
And why should he have brought the VW version and not the others?!
All 3 cars are built on the same production line in the same factory in Bratislava in Slovakia - so there should be no difference in quality between them.

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
Well we have 2 and they are brilliant at what they do.......just saying!

·
Registered
309 Posts
sergio1962 said:
Here, in our country, nobody likes some european cars, especially SEAT SKODA CITROEN and more. They prefer cars from japan,korea,india{SUZUKI ALTO AND NISSAN MICRA},thailand and even china. The people here think the european community is in trouble, and they not have enough budget to produce good cars, like others. 
If that's the case, why did you buy a European car???? go buy your little Suzuki rollerskate then

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I didn"t buy this car for myself. It was my wife"s car from the beginning. Please read . She made a mistake. She bring this car at home . For me it was a surprise. And what i find now it was a very bad idea.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
So what do you want to gain from moaning on here? Its your wife who made the mistake so moan at her!

·
Registered
198 Posts
My uncle told me that recently in German press there were stories about VAG using lower quality parts for some markets. So far VAG was denying doing so. But stories like these make one wonder...

·
Registered
430 Posts
ptae2000e said:
My uncle told me that recently in German press there were stories about VAG using lower quality parts for some markets. So far VAG was denying doing so. But stories like these make one wonder...

Warranty direct publish regular information on their claims and Audi & VW have shocking statistics compared with Honda & Toyota, they handle over 50,000 policies so if true it is a concern.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Yes, have a bun fight with your wife, and don't use this forum for therapy.

I think mine is great. I've driven several Polos and a base fiesta, and the Up beats them all. No doubt a higher spec Polo/Fiesta would beat the Up in all but economy and ease of parking.

The Japanese regularly top the reliability charts, with VW in the middle, despite the supposed reputation for quality. My Nissan Micra, the old style, was ridiculed, but it was very practical, roomy inside, and made from solid plastics. Basically it was the Mini done properly, and Japanese often does mean "Western design copied, improved and manufactured better". Still, people laughed at the Micra, and yet British Indians bought loads of them. I think they favour reality over marketing and image.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Today i have a call from the garage. They got the replacement parts for fix up the window and the water pump. After that i will report here about repair reliability.

Later i hope to share here only good things about this car.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Unfortunately VW do not have a good reputation in Scandinavia. Too many problems with their cars and dealer service. But I thought that UP was a nice car to drive.
Edited by: Raj55

1 - 20 of 22 Posts