Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all, thought I would document the changes I make to my UP GTi as I seem to be doing a bit more than I originally intended to.

My main car is a 2018 SMAX ST Line which does the family duties and is used by my wife during the week, so my second car needs to be something a lot cheaper to own and run. I have had a Rock UP! for the last 5 years which has been brilliant to cart my MTB about and get me to the station, but when I saw a GTi for sale locally I decided to make the upgrade. It's a 2019 5 door GTi in White with Black roof and Cruise and Park which had 33 miles on the clock.

Attachments

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First thing was to remove some of the Orange.

Headlights replaced with Philips Racing Vision bulbs

Indicators with Philips Silver vision

Interior lights with Osram LEDs

Much better!

Attachments

·
Registered
734 Posts
Congrats a great car, exactly the same colour and spec as mine.
Great little mods too.

Reactions: Danbo

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So, having seen the things that Milltek was getting up to with their UP GTi, and reading how much more fun the car would be with a bit more power and noise, I was always going to get it remapped and put an exhaust on it. JBS were the obvious choice having done the Milltek car and numerous others, so after 1 week and just under 1k miles I drove up to JBS. :)

Figures as stock were 117.8bhp and 149.6ft-lbs, running on Shell V Power 99

After a Milltek Road+ Cat back, K&N Panel Filter and a stage 1 remap it made 145.5bhp and 170.1ft-lbs

Following the remap the car pulls much harder throughout the rev range, and is incredibly fun. The exhaust is perfect, gives enough noise and 99% of the time is not droney. I did notice a bit of drone at about 2.5k revs in 6th on the motorway back, but no where near as much as I feared there could be and absolutely not a problem as it is a specific small rev range. Driving around town there is no drone. The pops and crackles never fail to put a smile on my face.

Attachments

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Threw a couple of badges on after the remap, and added a private plate.

Attachments

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Another problem with the rain, coupled with the original Goodyear efficient grip tyres, was that in the wet with extra power, they were certainly not efficient at gripping!

So off they came! And on went some Michelin Pilot Sport 4s in 205/40 R17 tyres. Much much better.

Attachments

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Next thing on the to do list are...

Dropping the suspension

Painting hubs

Speaker/Sub upgrade

Roof bars and bike racks

And goodness knows what else...

·