Up Owners Club banner
201 - 213 of 213 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #205 ·
So general update on plans for this year. I will be getting some new wheels (maybe going back to silver!) and keeping the current ones for winter/track use. I will do the rear disc conversion from Upgrade Haus. Cobra Nogaros will be going in but I will move away from the GTi tartan as that is done to death now, and get the steering wheel retrimmed. Then may look at some more stereo upgrades. Exciting year to come!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #206 ·
Seats have arrived. Just need fitting kit now and hopefully get them in next week! Cobra Nogaro Circuit seats. Have not bothered with heating or lumbar to keep it simple and can always retrofit heating if I deem it necessary!

Comfort Grey Automotive design Automotive tire Head restraint

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Car seat cover Automotive design
Comfort Automotive design Automotive tire Grey Motor vehicle

·
Registered
869 Posts
What material do they class the outers as leather? Also do all material bits come out easily?

I love these seats but when optioned with the jacara tartan they are always done in a way that seriously triggers my OCD so just thinking if the central parts are easily taken out and retrimmed it would be easier locally to tell them to centre the bloody pattern up 😤.

I would need to try some in a car as for whatever reason I'm never that comfortable sitting too low in the Up!

You must be really excited to get them in and I'm looking forward to what direction you go instead of tartan 😎

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #208 ·
What material do they class the outers as leather? Also do all material bits come out easily?

I love these seats but when optioned with the jacara tartan they are always done in a way that seriously triggers my OCD so just thinking if the central parts are easily taken out and retrimmed it would be easier locally to tell them to centre the bloody pattern up 😤.

I would need to try some in a car as for whatever reason I'm never that comfortable sitting too low in the Up!

You must be really excited to get them in and I'm looking forward to what direction you go instead of tartan 😎
These are Vinyl, but you can spec leather. As for the material cushions, you are thinking the same way as me! Loads of options to retrim them as you want.

Couch Light Black Luggage and bags Comfort

·
Registered
869 Posts
The vinyl looks great and probably very hard wearing!
Thanks for the photo that's exactly what I thought and I really don't get why cobra wouldn't centre the pattern it's really odd against the middle upright stitching on the vinyl and then on the bit you sit on they often have the pattern starting on one side then a huge gap on the other 🙈

They need to look at it how a tiler does a wall start in the middle equal at the ends 😎.

I love your car ours is lightly modded in comparison not sure if you've seen my thread or not but I would love a set of those seats don't mind cloth or vinyl with a red stitch no logo and the tartan to meet my OCD needs... Maybe one day 🙏🤞

·
Registered
Up gti
150 Posts
I understand why you are keeping in, I was on way to work this morning and overtook three cars down a long hill (safely), they must have thought, "wtf was that." Thus why I love it remapped, it drops cars that otherwise think they will blow you away. It's never going to be a supercar but my god it gets ya giggling lol :0

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #211 ·
Seats are in. Hugely pleased with them. Was a little worried about not liking them due to the fixed back, but they are really really good. Just need to decide how to do the rear seats now, as I am definitely moving away from the tartan to be a bit different to everyone else.

201 - 213 of 213 Posts