Up Owners Club banner

41 - 60 of 94 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,010 Posts
This is looking great! I love that rear diffuser, may have to invest in one of those when funds allow. You're not a million miles from me either, I live near Redhill and I work in Epsom so I may see you about!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
This is looking great! I love that rear diffuser, may have to invest in one of those when funds allow. You're not a million miles from me either, I live near Redhill and I work in Epsom so I may see you about!
Thanks! Yep Epsom is very close!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Car looks epic stance looks spot on offside but lower on the nearside. I guess uneven ground. Or it could just be my eyes.
Probably a bit of ground too but the rear is slightly out. It's in the garage today for some tweaks. :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
This is brilliant looks fantastic the modifications you've done are excellent 😎👌
Out of interest what does it ride like on the stx coilovers?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
This is brilliant looks fantastic the modifications you've done are excellent 😎👌
Out of interest what does it ride like on the stx coilovers?
Apologies for late reply, the coilovers are great! I found the ride pretty crap on the standard dampers anyway, and although a little bit firmer on the coilovers the overall ride is no where near as harsh as i feared it could be, and the handling is much much improved so well worth it. Goes round corners incredibly quickly now.

Would highly recommend these or the KWV1s which will ride very similar.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Have raised the rear by 5mm now which looks about perfect, but think the front still needs to come down 5mm but its nearly there now. Looking and driving great. Will get some more pics up as soon as weather is better.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #50 (Edited)
So I went to the German Vs Jap car meet at Sandown Park in Esher today. Having not done much to the car since November seeing all of the nice cars there got me itching to do some more visual mods.

So to cut a not very long story short, have ordered some side skirts and will be going to get the headlights slightly tinted soon as it looked great on my mates golf.

Car is also getting the front lowered by another 10mm on Wednesday as it looks too high still and hasn't scraped on anything yet. :)

Update on the remap. Car still going superbly after 1800 miles on it (2700 on the car in total). It's as quick in the real world as my brother in laws modified r53 cooper S and actually launches faster.

I am now talking to JBS about next steps as its so much fun, and hopefully they will crack the traction control switch soon so I can get that done as well.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Hi,
Can you shear link for diffuser and splitter?
Thanks

Check by DaracRS

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Have these mods added much to your insurance premium?
Not really Percy, only about £45 so far I think. Still under £300 for me and the wife but probably about to change a bit again with stage 2 looming. But I am getting on now.

·
Super Moderator
3,145 Posts
coming from a different angle, have you done anything to the head unit/amp yet....I'm still swithering about ripping out my beats system and installing an alpine halo 9 system....a big step but I've just cut my teeth putting a wireless carplay pioneer unit into our Amarok and it is brilliant! any advice / knowledge would be greatly appreciated......ps, I'm an old fart but I and my early 20's sons think your car looks the dogs bolloks :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
coming from a different angle, have you done anything to the head unit/amp yet....I'm still swithering about ripping out my beats system and installing an alpine halo 9 system....a big step but I've just cut my teeth putting a wireless carplay pioneer unit into our Amarok and it is brilliant! any advice / knowledge would be greatly appreciated......ps, I'm an old fart but I and my early 20's sons think your car looks the dogs bolloks :)
Thanks Doc! It's something I am looking at... But like you I am struggling to find anyone that has done a replacement facia yet for the new UPs. I would love to put a decent headunit in and jam a sub in somewhere. Will let you know if I find anything.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #60 (Edited)
Will get some better pics tomorrow from Surrey VAG meet at the Star in Chessington but just been out and borrowed a trolley jack and dropped the front suspension by about another 10mm.

Think its just about there now. Just wish I had known how easy the fronts are to do beforehand!

41 - 60 of 94 Posts