Up Owners Club banner

101 - 120 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
They look nice probably one of the better aftermarket wheels I have seen on a GTI! Should imagine they are a lot lighter than the standard wheels as well

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
They look nice probably one of the better aftermarket wheels I have seen on a GTI! Should imagine they are a lot lighter than the standard wheels as well
Some better pics. I wanted something different that I hadn't seen on a UK car.

20200314_173542.jpg

·
Registered
229 Posts
What are the wheel specs? I assume you are running 205 tyres and the offset pushes the wheels out nicely! also what are you lowered on again I'm sure I've read it all but it's easy to forget who's done what to which car without going back over the entire thread! Anyway the car looks great 😎

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
What are the wheel specs? I assume you are running 205 tyres and the offset pushes the wheels out nicely! also what are you lowered on again I'm sure I've read it all but it's easy to forget who's done what to which car without going back over the entire thread! Anyway the car looks great 😎
17 x 7 ET35. Same 205/40 tyres I had on the original wheels. Think they sit out about 14mm further.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
Lowered on ST X coilovers. Will probably drop it another 5mm this week.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
Few more cosmetic mods today. Sneak preview before better pics later this week as it was getting dark. Badge overlays, sun strip, headlight, spotlight and reflector tints. Thanks to EZMODS.CO.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Looks Great ! Well done

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
Back up to JBS today, to get Milltek resonated mid section fitted to replace the Road+ and also fit the Forge Induction kit and dump valve. Also had it lowered another 10mm. Also had the car dyno'd with a prototype JBS Turbo Elbow to see what it would make when I get mine as soon as they are production ready.

Stage 2 Stock - 151.4bhp and 195.3ftlbs
Stage 2 Intake - 153.8bhp and 198.4ftlbs
Stage 2 Intake and elbow - 156.1bhp and 202.3ftlbs

So I left with almost 154bhp and just under 200ftlbs. The main difference is obviously the sound of the dump valve, and the lessened harshness of the exhaust. It is much quieter in general when off the power, but still roars under load which is great. Should be less offensive for the neighbours, and much more refined on a cold start, although I was enjoying the noise most of the time!

I did notice MORE drone than with the Road+ with the resonated between 60 and 70 mph in 6th gear, but it's much quieter everywhere else. Pops and bangs are still there but much more subdued. Driving in 5th gear solved the drone problem when I was forced to go at those speeds for any time. Will try and get a similar video to the last one I did to show the sound differences.

On to the suspension, although it now looks about perfect to me, I think it may be just slightly too low at the front to be properly drivable. It has rubbed on a couple more occasions on the way home under hard cornering than before and a couple of times over more harsh bumps. Will see how it goes but think it was as low as it could go before and may need to come back up a 10mm again which is a huge shame looks wise.

Getting there slowly.

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi,
Do you have dyno plots for the various steps you have made from standard through to the 3 setups in your post above ? I would be interested to see the torque curve shapes against each other in addition to the peak torque and power numbers.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
Hi,
Do you have dyno plots for the various steps you have made from standard through to the 3 setups in your post above ? I would be interested to see the torque curve shapes against each other in addition to the peak torque and power numbers.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Looked very quick for a little car Dan! Could hear the tyres rubbing at points and it was interesting for him to say it's a bit diesel like because the stage 2 graph looks a bit that way obviously the turbo is holding stage 2 back massively and the reason peak power isn't much over stage 1... Stage one seems a bit more petrol like in its power delivery and that's not meant as a insult just an observation stage 2 seems like you will ride the torque and short shift

101 - 120 of 127 Posts