Up Owners Club banner

141 - 160 of 163 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #141
Next mod thanks to LupoGTIBoy. Off to see what EZMODS.CO can do with them before fitting.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Tarox Corsa brake pads in with Goodridge braided lines. Oil change and fluid change done. Pads feel great, absolutely fine for road use and felt great on track at Brands Hatch last night. View attachment 5150
How did the Up GTi cope with Paddock Hill bend?
I’ve driven the Brands Hatch Indy circuit several times, but could imagine the GP circuit straights could feel very long in the Up! 😊

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #149
How did the Up GTi cope with Paddock Hill bend?
I’ve driven the Brands Hatch Indy circuit several times, but could imagine the GP circuit straights could feel very long in the Up! 😊
Sorry for late reply. Had no notifications on!

Coped with the entire track brilliantly. The finish straight did feel a bit long and anything longer would have been tortuous, but the Indy circuit was a lot of fun in the up as it is. Car was very quick around all the corners, just didnt have quite enough grunt to keep up with bigger machines on the straights.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #150 (Edited)
So went in for a little audio upgrade the other day. Hertz front speakers, installed my Match DSP (so head unit can remain standard) and my Alpine 12 active sub. Bit of sound deadening in doors and boot. Sounds awesome, and no where near as many rattles as I was expecting!!! (in fact it sounds and feels solid! Doors clunk now.)

Will grab some pics once car is cleaned tomorrow.

·
Registered
221 Posts
They look absolutely awesome them. I would love to see a carbon Rear Gti Spoiler Extention to match.
Or… a carbon rear spoiler that looks stock but is subtly bigger just a bit deeper, so would be similar to the standard spoiler with an extension attached but all in one piece instead.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I really want to get the Gti spoiler in carbon. just the top half (Glass black part).
I don't know how hard this is to make but i have got in touch with a local boat shop who specialize in carbon.
They have said in October if i take my car down they will look into pricing making me one.
This might not go any where but is worth a shot.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I really want to get the Gti spoiler in carbon. just the top half (Glass black part).
I don't know how hard this is to make but i have got in touch with a local boat shop who specialize in carbon.
They have said in October if i take my car down they will look into pricing making me one.
This might not go any where but is worth a shot.
Also I suppose in this day and age someone could design some add on bits with cad and then 3D print them. The finish of 3D printed stuff isn’t fantastic but it’s a good idea, testing and prototyping platform.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Am tempted to try and Carbon Skin one. You can buy kits for £108. I used to electrostatic flock dashed which was a lot harder.
I just need to get a spare spoiler, going to message my mate at VW.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Am tempted to try and Carbon Skin one. You can buy kits for £108. I used to electrostatic flock dashed which was a lot harder.
I just need to get a spare spoiler, going to message my mate at VW.
There seem quite a few GTi’s breaking on eBay at the moment could be a source of a spoiler less expensively than VW.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Love this thread. Have just bought GTi and have been inspired. I don't have deep pockets so the tuning option will be off radar just now. Also Mrs RosscoPCole might have something to say. I'm adding a few visual upgrades to mine over the coming weeks and months.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #159
So time for some more bits to be done. Back up to JBS again yesterday to have their hybrid turbo fitted, anti rev hang, start/stop default to off and left foot braking enabled.

So the important bit, the numbers! 187bhp and 209ftlb torque achieved, without any other mods other than turbo.

It's been hard to get proper impressions due to the weather, traffic and needing some new front tyres ;), but it is very quick.

Bit less boosty at low revs than it was at stage 2 so thats taking some getting used to which you can see in the graph, but when it gets going from 4k revs it pulls REALLY, REALLY hard. Looking forward to some dryer roads and fresh rubber to really see what it can do now. :)

Very pleased so far.

Thanks JBS for a great job as usual!

141 - 160 of 163 Posts