Up Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Looks just the same as my up!White, only difference I can see is the number plates.. Keeping the wheels clean is the main problem with the car, But I bought a nice softish cleaning brush to get in the gaps and as long as I do it frequently it looks great. I also use the Auto Glym cleaning stuff for the wheels which works brilliantly. The other parts that seem to pick up the dirt are the door sills, and the boot sill at the back which is the worst of the lot, however they clean easily with just a hosepipe and sponge.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Forgot to say that when cleaning the wheels with the brush and the Auto Glym Custom Wheel Cleaner, spray the cleaner on to the brush and not directly on to the wheel to save wasting it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lol I couldn't be bothered to hide the number plates. I used Auto Glym wash and wax shampoo with a microfiber wash mitt, then Auto Glym Super Resin polish and then turtle wax hard shell wax. I just clean the wheels with car shampoo as alloy weal cleaner is often too acidic and ends up damaging the lacquer. I put Maguires tyre gel on the tires to give a nice sheen :) And not forgetting the wonderful Auto Glym silicone spray apple for the interior plastics!Edited by: dmn100

·
Registered
315 Posts
I wonder if you used the Auto Glym silicone spray apple on the wheels after cleaning them, would it protect them from the brake dust?

Like you I use the wash and wax shampoo with a microfibre wash mitt after I wash it with plain water first. Then I use the Super Resin Polish but haven't got round to using a hard shell wax as yet. I think putting gel on the tyres is going a bit too far unless you are entering a car beauty competition.

But I think taking pride in your car's appearance is a good thing and also makes a good impression of you as a person. Well done...

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
When I took the wheels off our ups last week, I couldn't believe how dirty they were inside...took ages and loads of 'wonderwheels' to get them clean but they are now tucked up warmly in the garage waiting for spring !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts