Up Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my new up! Which I have been the proud over of for a little under 24 hours now.

Just had it's first run to work and back and it's seriously fun car to drive (reminds me of my first car an old Y reg Mini).

The blue is incredibly subtle, looks almost white in the evening when the streetlights are on, but it is a unique colour and is easy to spot in the work's car park

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Ooooo very nice!!
so glad i ordered the light blue!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually feel a little ashamed that I haven't "done it justice" by taking a photo of it somewhere even remotely scenic.. Might have to get out and about at the weekend and find some nicer surroundings to capture it in..

The blue is very subtle, when parked under a street light at night it looks almost white

But it's a unique colour round here, and that kinda appealed.

·
Registered
215 Posts
very nice
like the big parking bay at your works ...i work in a family centre and have to share a very tiny school car park and i am finding myself going to work early just to find a good spot! this week im on lates and its hard to find a decent place but next week there is no one there when im there for 7ish !! so got the pick of the place but i did that wrong last week and got blocked in

enjoy xx

·
Registered
78 Posts
I agree the car is a multi coloured mistory. Each time I look at mine it is a different shade. But I love it and its fun to drive

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Miaup said:
I agree the car is a multi coloured mistory. Each time I look at mine it is a different shade. But I love it and its fun to drive

I know exactly what you mean, the shade varies depending on the lighting conditions..

When it's overcast (which, let's face it it's going to be 90% of the time in the UK) I think you get the closest to the "true" colour..

It's pretty cool being a bit of a chameleon though!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As we were having a quiet weekend, and it wasn't raining cats and dogs for a change, I decided that my little up! deserved some TLC. So I decided to give my brum brum a little clean..
Now, I had previously been a kind of auto-car wash guy (I know, I know, I have learnt the error of my ways), but today I decided to get some proper products and treat my little motor to a full hand wash..

Took a good few hours, but am quite happy with some results.. Needless to say I will never go near an automatic car wash ever again..

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, I used Autoglym Bodywork Shampoo and Conditioner and the Autoglym Super Resin Polish.
Will get some wax next month (was a bit steep buying all this up front) to add a bit more protection on the paintwork.. Was a bit overawed at all of the wax products on offer so thought I'd pop on here and see what people were recommending..

Used the two bucket method, and was actually impressed at the shine just after the shampoo.

Yes, the car was in a distinctly "subtle blue" mood today! Honestly the colour of this motor makes it a blummin' chameleon!!

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Hi, ur car looks bril! I use autoglym products and buy them off amazon, I find them a lot cheaper than halfords and everytime I've ordered off amazon it's been free delivery, obviously if you didn't have any car wash products that you wanted that day you have to go the car shop, but the wax may be cheaper on amazon or ebay I don't know

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Itzben said:
I use autoglym products and buy them off amazon, I find them a lot cheaper than halfords and everytime I've ordered off amazon it's been free delivery

That's a top idea for getting my wax, so cheers for that, will start comparing prices now ready for pay day!

Should I be going for the Autoglym Aqua Car Wax or do I need to go for something as costly as the Autoglym High Definition Wax (Halfords price for the latter is eye-watering to say the least!!)

·
Registered
432 Posts
In my experience the cheaper (but still branded) waxes protect just as well as the eye-wateringly pricey ones, but the car just needs to be re-waxed slightly sooner.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
silentbazz said:
Itzben said:
I use autoglym products and buy them off amazon, I find them a lot cheaper than halfords and everytime I've ordered off amazon it's been free delivery

That's a top idea for getting my wax, so cheers for that, will start comparing prices now ready for pay day! 

Should I be going for the Autoglym Aqua Car Wax or do I need to go for something as costly as the Autoglym High Definition Wax (Halfords price for the latter is eye-watering to say the least!!)
I haven't used the hd wax but I'm treating my self to some for around £32 on amazon, I've used the super resin polish, I've searched google about differences and which is beter wax or polish and so many people have different opinions, this is what I have gathered, polish is slightly abrasive, and then you put wax on to build back layers. But on my current car I've just used the super resin polish! Edited by: Itzben

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
I got a mains wax-wizard polisher from costco for £20...makes it so much easier to polish off!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts