Up Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I recently passed my driving test and after a long time of working hard I got together enough money for a used Volkswagen Up, I have reserved it and will be picking it up next week, it's the high up model and is a 62 plate.

As this is my first car and obviously I have no experience with cars, is there any problems I should look out for when viewing the car? Apparently the dealership that I ordered from is known to have poor after care so are there any known issues I should look out for while driving the car?

Looking forward to picking it up and hope I like it just as much as everyone else on the forums!

·
Registered
851 Posts
The high up has always had M&M as standard, so make sure the dealer gives it to you along with the stalk before you drive away.Edited by: AlanG

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AlanG said:
The high up has always had M&M as standard, so make sure the dealer gives it to you along with the stalk before you drive away.
Thanks for the info! I was wondering this myself and when I asked the dealer on the phone they told me they are unsure until they check over the car in detail to get the full specification.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Don't be fobbed off with statements like "the car had no M&M when it came to us". Even if true, they can supply it from their own stock or order it in. It's a brilliant piece of kit. The sat nav is just a small part of the functionality. You can play music from a plugged in micro sim and the think blue readings are useful too.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Did you get anything thrown in as extra?

Congratulations as well. The High up! is a good spec for a first car. the heated seats at winter are especially comfy :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fidel_Castronaut said:
Did you get anything thrown in as extra?

Congratulations as well. The High up! is a good spec for a first car. the heated seats at winter are especially comfy :)
I don't actually know yet until I view it, I got it for a brilliant price so I doubt there's any hidden extras, thanks! Can't wait to get on the road with it!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Cool, up was also my first car (and still is). I went for a test drive the day after passing the driving test, and didn't search any further.

The dealership should have already checked everything (fluids, lightbulbs, ...). However, it wouldn't hurt if you check tire pressure, when you get home. Also, practice unlocking and opening the fuel cap before going to a gas station

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ptae2000e said:
Cool, up was also my first car (and still is). I went for a test drive the day after passing the driving test, and didn't search any further.

The dealership should have already checked everything (fluids, lightbulbs, ...). However, it wouldn't hurt if you check tire pressure, when you get home. Also, practice unlocking and opening the fuel cap before going to a gas station
Awesome! What model and colour have you got? I have heard how awkward the fuel cap can be but I think I'm going to have to fill up on my way home from the dealership so I might end up stuck there for a while

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm waiting for delivery of my high up as well I've got the Mayan blue and from what everyone says its worth going for the 75ps and the maps and more, the heated seats will be a nice bonus come winter as well i would imagine ! My first car as well so im really looking forward to it !

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
stevenrh said:
I'm waiting for delivery of my high up as well I've got the Mayan blue and from what everyone says its worth going for the 75ps and the maps and more, the heated seats will be a nice bonus come winter as well i would imagine ! My first car as well so im really looking forward to it !
Congratulations! Great colour choice too, hope you enjoy it!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Enjoy - lovely cars - and remember the most dangerous nut in the whole car - is the one behind the wheel! Well that is what my driving instructor told me some - good gracious! - almost 50 years ago

·
Registered
198 Posts
Lukejohnbrown said:
Awesome! What model and colour have you got? I have heard how awkward the fuel cap can be but I think I'm going to have to fill up on my way home from the dealership so I might end up stuck there for a while
Up 'white', was about 8 months old dealership's demo car, if I calculated correctly I've got it for about 4/5 of the price of a new car. I've been also considering an Aygo or Citigo or used Corolla or Fiesta or C3 or something, they would probably all work fine, still I'm glad I went for an up.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ptae2000e said:
Lukejohnbrown said:
Up 'white', was about 8 months old dealership's demo car, if I calculated correctly I've got it for about 4/5 of the price of a new car. I've been also considering an Aygo or Citigo or used Corolla or Fiesta or C3 or something, they would probably all work fine, still I'm glad I went for an up.
Sounds like a bargain, I got my 62 plate high up for the price of a 13 plate take up so I think I got a pretty good deal too! I also looked at the competition including the Citigo and the Seat Mii but they just didn't seem as desireable.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have an up for my first car too but just so you no don't have seat covers on and the heated seats as it burns them plus if you have the seats on for two long it makes you feel like you've wet yourself hahah

·
Registered
12 Posts
Congratulations!!! My up is 6months old and my first car, and im really happy with it, i hope your enjoy yours too!

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I began with a "Polo I" in 1983 ...
Then had two "Polo III" and a Lupo from 2004 until May 2014 ...

The up! suresly is a marvelous "beginners car". It is hand - and cheap ...
But it is much more than a beginners car!

A high up! with some extras is an excellent choice for all people who look for an up-to-date handy car. I could have bought a Golf or a Passat as well. Money was no reason for my decision at all!

My mother is 74 now and drives a Corsa - which will be her last car. I drove VW all my life and so the up! or a car like the up! might be my last car. I can recommed it to anyone looking for his/her "last" car - not only the first one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes ! Mines still amazes me at times !! I've only had mine since the begging of March and have my test next week :)! So easy to learn in with the stop start extra ! But personally like it to of had 3 seats in the back for when I'll have friend in it !!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts