Up Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

I’ve had my wee up for near on 5 months now, let’s just say ownership has not been without its troubles which you may have seen on other platforms etc, all of which have been resolved perfectly by VW and have to say car is absolutely minted.

So....last week I sent my little gti off to get some work done... I already had a lovely set of Bilstein B14 coilovers sitting in the garage for a while after getting them and a lovely new Milltek Road+ arrived just in time with the polished GT90 tip.

Think it’s likely to go down another 5 millimetres or so, but overall happy with how it sits and now looks the part instead of the crap clown car suspension it came on! :surprise:

It is firm but the dampening is well improved from standard and most importantly it now rails corners at an alarming pace. :grin:

The exhaust is loud don’t get me wrong.... but it’s a decent enough sound. My only gripe is a bit of drone at 2.5 / 3.5k revs but nothing to loose sleep over.

Here’s a few pictures of how it’s currently sitting.

So far changes to car are as follows;

silver vision indicators
Osram night breaker fog light bulbs
Phillips LED headlights with can-bus adapters
OEM vw alloy pedals
ITG filter.

Plans are remap at some point, maybe oem bucket seats and a tidy set of Porsche wheels.

Here’s a few pictures of how it’s currently sitting, enjoy.

Cheers

Liam

Attachments

·
Registered
605 Posts
Looks great Liam and I'm pleased to hear that your patience and perseverance has been rewarded and the problems are behind you.

Here's to trouble free enjoyable motoring ahead.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks great Liam and I'm pleased to hear that your patience and perseverance has been rewarded and the problems are behind you.

Here's to trouble free enjoyable motoring ahead.
Cheers.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks sweet. The Bilstein coilovers are nice aren't they.
Yeh, they really are nice kit.

As I say, no doubt they are a bit firmer but overall great.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts