Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought i'd show off my wheels to you lovely lot,haven'tgot my up! yet but i've spent over £1000 on wheels alone.

I'll start with the 14" winter wheels (left). the alley cats, currently all black and with no tires:

Next is my 15" wheels that may make anappearance at some shows, depends if I can be bothered changing the wheels! currently deciding what colour to spray them, suggestions welcome:

And finally are my good show wheels :D love them so much! 14" schmidt TH Lines, 8J fronts and 8.5J rears:

Also, i've noticed that the front indicators on the UP! have a weird orange glow when off, has anyone replaced these with clear ones? and can you give me a link please :)

thanks.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah I was actually planning on using the merc alloys, 16" 8J butunfortunatelyone has a massive dent :(

cheers for the bulbs!

·
Registered
233 Posts
You will havee to be seriously low to pull off the schmidts and at 8.5j arch rolling/pulling needed. I had them on my old punto in that size!

·
Super Moderator
1,495 Posts
You simply won't be able to run those Schmidts, the arches on the up! are too big for the Euro look, you need to go big diameter.

If you try running the THs you'll have massive arch gaps when the floorpan is scraping along the ground.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
shakotanVIP said:
That does look amazing, but seeing as the sump is the same height as the bottom of the front black plastic lip, you're not going to move very far...
Thanks! And ever heard of a little thing called hydraulics? ;)

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
shakotanVIP said:
What ET are your THs?

I'm fitting 17x7.5 ET26, and the wheels will poke out of the arches by 10mm, with 195 tyres they'll *just* sit within the arches.
I think mine are et 24-26 something similar, might have to get them turned down on a lathe :)

1 - 20 of 44 Posts