Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Hey that looks cool! I was looking at those alloys (or very similar) today on ebay but the missus said not a chance! but I like very mucho!!
I also been out walking today (as the weathers been fine) and been thinking to my self what strange but beautiful places I could bring my up! and get some shots!Edited by: Itzben

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
That looks awsome! Stance is just right for it! Assuming it is on coilovers, are they the KW ones, also what rims are they, look like a BBS.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wheels ET is 38 but I have 16mm spacers front and 20mm in the back. They don't fit without spacers, because rims do touch the brake saddle in the front.

I did install those springs myself. Its not as low as it looks in those pics. That grass and shape of ground cheats a little bit.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Mjölner, how did you connect the subs ? is the radio connector a DIN system? or some of vw's own design? I'm pretty experienced in upgrading car stereos, but all of my previous cars has been simple with DIN connections and phono outputs for seperate amplifiers.. Never tried to upgrade newer stereo systems.. :)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi!

There's an 5-channel amplifier between radio and speakers which takes the signal from speaker lines.
That amp feeds front speakers and subs.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Allright, sounds simple enough :) can't wait to get my hands on my Up! so I can begin to customize it!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Now that's what I call a neat, and a fantastic set up ,congratulations on a fantastic job,
Phill,,,

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Weekend gave us some snow
Since I'm workin my up! outside, I have to wait the weather to warm up a little to continue...

halpo's project gave me a gourage to try to take the dash out, so I could try to install my midrange speakers to it. We should see how it goes in next few weeks

·
Registered
333 Posts
Hi mjolner ,,Keep up the good work ,it will be fantastic when finished ,
Enjoy the snow ,
Phill,,

1 - 20 of 23 Posts