Up Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am told this is not cool to do but what the ****. I want to know what everyone thinks and what they are calling their cars and how the names came about. Also how you chose the sex of the car. Ours will get it's name when it arrives, our Mazda never got a name and the one before the Accord was called Huey because of the HUE at the end of the plate. There was nothing you could make out of VWR. I think this time we will just have to go by feel and it may not end up with a name after all but hey ho.

·
Registered
423 Posts
If you like under Idle Chitchat there was a topic started Your Up!'s name?. I don't generally give my cars names and the letters of my up! haven't as yet suggested anything - OCS!!

·
Registered
525 Posts
I once shared a house with a girl who called her Mini Clubman Ermintrude. That put me off naming cars for life. My washing machine is called George though!
and that really is idle chit-chat.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I can not call the car George, my other half already used that one and again on our cat Adam George. Josh is out too that is Adams brother. The story on the names for the cats is for another day though.

My friend was taking the mick and said as ours is white should just be called barbie or Icar because it is a bit like the very fashionable Imac of old. Not agreeing on that because I liked the Imacs and he was just having a dig and saying apart from the Fiat 500 we could not have chosen a car more camp.

·
Registered
705 Posts
What about the special pink edition of the Ford StreetKa?

Nick

·
Registered
525 Posts
Camp? I don't think so! And I dont think the Fiat is either. Retro and chic are the words that spring to mind. It's a great question though - which cars are camp? I shall post it in a new thread!
Edited by: yapmaul

1 - 8 of 8 Posts