Up Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<table ="tableBorder" align="center" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="3" style="width: 954px; color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-size: 12px; line-height: 16px; table-layout: fixed;"><t><tr ="msgableRow" style="height: 200px; min-height: 200px;"><td valign="top" ="msgLineDevider"><div ="msg" style="text-align: left; width: 799px;">Right now I'm wondering why my Apple Mac is not recognising the Navigon within the Garmin Fresh
<div ="msg" style="text-align: left; width: 799px;">environment. I'm trying to charge the thing from the Mac - not working. Is it possible to charge the
<div ="msg" style="text-align: left; width: 799px;">unit from a computer or only in the car?
</td></tr><tr ="postSeparatorTableRow"></tr></t></table>

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, that's iOS. I'm talking about a laptop (OSX Mavericks). My Navigon appears to be flat as flat, and plugging it into the computer makes the unit's display do all kinds of weird stuff.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Mine always dies and I just charge it with my ps3 or at a plug socket!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm thinking either the Navigon's faulty or there's an incompatibility with the Mac - which would be odd, as my other Garmin, a Zumo, has no problems with the Mac. I'm leaving it plugged into the Mac for now despite its complaints, just in case it is actually charging and needs to reach a threshold before settling down and behaving.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Aha. Steep learning curve:

My Navigon battery was delivered to me flat as, so it misbehaves. What you're not told is that the unit must first be initialised in the car. I've just popped out there with the unit and initialised it in the car, then come back in and plugged it back into the computer: result! The Fresh program recognises it and I've updated the firmware. Now the unit's settled down and is (I hope) guzzling juice from the USB port.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Wow Willmow thanks for raising that query. I have an iMac and good to learn that piece of information for when my Up arrives...

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As newbies we need a master's in Upology. If you read and digest the Maps and More, car and radio manuals, you earn yourself a doctorate.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have issues charging things on my iMac - I suspect its because its USB 3.0, I know 3.0 is backwards compatible with 1.0 & 2.0 for data transfer but I wonder if there is a power difference that stops it? Cant even charge my remote control helicopter off it ):

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
pumpy55 said:
I have issues charging things on my iMac - I suspect its because its USB 3.0, I know 3.0 is backwards compatible with 1.0 & 2.0 for data transfer but I wonder if there is a power difference that stops it? Cant even charge my remote control helicopter off it ):

Type USB 3 charging issues into Google if you haven't already. Stuff of interest possibly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts