Up Owners Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

For those who want to play with their NAVIGON, here is a link to the 7.1.22 GARMIN software version (it lacks the map files- but yo have them. Everyhting else is there).

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zgszrtefuu17u4f/AFccdcob9F

If you put those files on your NAVIGON, after having formated it, the fresh software will believe that your NAVIGON is a V2 GARMIN device. And then, you'll be able to download the upgrade to version 7.13.9.

HOWEVER, I cannot manage to perform properly the upgrade with my NAVIGON as the bluetooth flashing is blocked a 1 %.

Maybe a hardware issue, but maybe not... Any idea ? Any hacker in this forum ?

(PS : no danger. You do not kill your NAVIGON by doing wat I did. Just make a backup copy of the NAVIGON files before, and simply drop them back again in your device)

Thank you !

Antoine

·
Registered
851 Posts
So many people have reported upgrade problems that i think that when i get mine in March 14, i will leave it in its original state throughout my years of ownership.

·
Registered
953 Posts
I have left mine in it's original state AlanG and don't plan to upgrade unless I have issues with things being out of date as I have heard a lot of people complaining about update problems.

Runs fine at the moment ........... if it's not broke why fix it !!

Edited by: Derkie54

·
Registered
851 Posts
Derkie54 said:
I have left mine in it's original state AlanG and don't plan to upgrade unless I have issues with things being out of date as I have heard a lot of people complaining about update problems.

Runs fine at the moment ........... if it's not broke why fix it !!
My sentiment exactly.

·
Super Moderator
3,145 Posts
The navigon lacks hardware to fully implement some of the garmin features.....hack at your own risk!

·
Registered
47 Posts
I went through upgrade nightmare yesterday.

I got to the point where I had to do a device restore to factory settings. After that, for all the world it looked as though the factory settings had no idea this was a VW device. I had no idea what state it was in and it kept asking to be connected to the car. I was really worried that whatever I'd done would propagate to the vehicle. In the end, I went for it and it's now resumed as though nothing had happened except that it now has the latest software and hardware.

Because there were so many steps and retracing my steps and I couldn't honestly say what I did right or wrong, I would advise not attempting this. I think I got lucky.

The best advice I can give is to apply the three golden rules of computing:
<ul>[*]Back It Up![*]Back It Up![*]Back It Up![/list]Cheers,

Andy

·
Super Moderator
3,145 Posts
After a full factory reset, you need to connect it to the car and it initialises and reads the car type from the ecu....all it really does is set the splash screens to either Seat, VW or Skoda but without this step, nowt will work !
Edited by: Privatedoc

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yesterday i tried to update my Navigon V1 to Garmin V2 as described above...
Cry
I've copied the file from the link to the formatted Navigon... I have opened the Fresh app to make the upgrade to the 7.13.9...
After that the bluetooth upgrade was blocked to 1%... so i restart the Navigon
After the restart i connect the device to my UP!, it found the car but not start...
So i reconnect the device to the fresh app make an upgrade (before, the sw found the device as SEAT and now it see the devide as UP)...
after that i install the device on my car, i start it but it don't start... it restart continuosly...

So i restored the standard firmware....Cry

Any idea?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Iv done this. but have same problem like u. flashing block at 1%.i forgot to backup my device. now i can only restore from this seat pid.
does anyone know where u can download the orginal vw up pid?

·
Registered
4 Posts
that is vw maps and more for navigon 70/71 premium car...bic i had intall other like 70/71 plus and that is not for maps and more from vw...and i need that maps and more for vw up

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi

Can anyone help me?

I bought a Garmin satnav from CeX a while back, only just got round to setting it up and didn't realise it was only for VW/Seat cars!

It says on the bottom: M/N: 4NSF

I can't return it now so I am looking for some advice so I can stick it on eBay.

Here's what happened:

-Switch on unit, displays "SEAT" splash screen then goes to the main screen (navigation, options etc)
-I wanted to reset it so it's 'as new' and can be registered to a new car, so I download the FRESH software but it will not allow me to register the device (says it's unregistered, prompts me to register, then says 'no server response, error FS3')
-I contacted Navigon support who asked me to go to the settings screen and tell them the VIN number that was listed on the device (presumably relating to the car it was previously used in)
- The VIN section on settings was blank, it just displayed "VIN: "
- They told me they would look into it but have emailed to say they only help car owners and as I bought it second hand.. well "get lost" effectively.

What I would like to know is:

If this is bought by someone and plugged into their SEAT car, will it work even if it's not the original car that it was used in?
If this is connected to a VW car will it work as above, but still show the SEAT splash screen?

I'm so confused!

BTW it came with the arm/mount for the car but I don't have a compatible car to try it in!

Thanks

Simon

Edited by: starsi360

·
Registered
16 Posts
Well, you should always be able to reset it in Fresh but Garmin customer service sucks anyway. In this case you can do one thing (I've saved a Garmin who thought it was a Navgion after a failing update) backup the ******* in Fresh and in Windows (copy + paste) and format it. Then go to Fresh and restore it, maybe that will do.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the reply.

When I try to factory reset in Fresh, it asks to register it before it will proceed. But then when you try and register it, it instantly says ERROR: Fresh server doe not respond. (even though other functions like updating etc work OK)

Interestingly, when Navigon CS asked me to read out the VIN number from settings, it was blank. (Said VIN:) and no number listed. She was surprised. It must have bene registered previously though because there was a history file on the device showing previous trips

·
Registered
4 Posts
Anyone here who has NEVER updated their device? PLS PLS PLS send ur folder/firmware backup file to me via dropbox. Thanks!

I have had my Maps n More device in to my local VW dealership 13 TIMES!

They have never been able to stop it freezing and locking up after the first time we took it in to fix the Bluetoothconnectivity issues. Now the touchscreen is either severely delayed or frozen. Resetting it via the pinhole in the bottom or waiting for it to run out of battery is the only way to reboot.

Does anyone have the original firmware? My dealership will not supply this, they continue to request the vehicle for ANOTHER day of diagnostic blah blah blah. Running around in circles now.

Anyone here who has NEVER updated their device? Can you please do me a solid favour and plug it into your computer, download the files from the SD card or simply backup the device using the Garmin Fresh software and upload to drop box for me. A MILLION THANKS!

Anyone curious to see how my device acts see the video compilation I had to make to prove the device was freezing to my dealership - since they just factory reset it, try to update it and do NO FURTHER TROUBLESHOOTING, sorry but the device sucks. Simple as that -https://photos.app.goo.gl/c5xQdmWtQgFiaJHd2

Edited by: Semore666

·
Registered
321 Posts
not sure if it'll help but there is this dump of a M&M,https://www.gpspower.net/navigon/341141-original-back-up-navigon-seat-pid-v2-7-16-8-built-314-a.html#post1064124

but also how many phones do you have paired with it? as it's a known bug that having multiple devices paired can make it unstable, and if you need it i've got a back up of my own garmin PID.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Anyone here still has the files?? I accidentially deleted mine, and now i cant get it recovered, so it would be nice, to make use of someone elses backup :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts