Up Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone advise me on what to do with the Maps and More Sat Nav. Should I always take it out of the car or just overnight and if I leave it in the car where should I put it? And also is there a bag or case to put the screen in to protect it?

·
Registered
727 Posts
pamey said:
Should I always take it out of the car or just overnight and if I leave it in the car where should I put it?
That all depends on where your vehicle is parked at night.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Normally it's parked at the back of my house on a drive, but I still wouldn't leave it attached to the dash. Just wondering what others do in terms of storing it in the car or removing it each time?

·
Registered
212 Posts
I've not got my car yet pamey but I'm planning on removing mine from the car and putting the cradle in the glove box (if it fits). Probably the safest option.

I would've expected a case to come with it but it sounds from all the case ordering on here that it doesn't. Can someone clarify this please?

There are cases on ebay (unless the kind soul getting them from Germany on here starts again)which, if I remember correctly, come from Hayseldens at Barnsley (i.e. a VW dealer). Presumably your dealer should be able to get you one if this is right but on ebay they are, I think, £10+£1p&p. Black neoprene with up! logos.

·
Registered
142 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have tried it in the dash it fits ok, I've also put it under the drivers seat on the carpet. But always (in my 2 whole days of ownership LOL!) take it indoors with me at night. When it's parked during the day I leave it plugged into the dash, unless in a dodgy area of course. The M&M is just as brilliant as the rest of the Up! by the way, I have an Iphone 4 and stream my music through it too.

·
Registered
956 Posts
I must admit I'd never leave it in the car, even for just a short time. But then I do have the added benefit of being female with a penchant for enormous handbags. In fact, I'd never buy a handbag now that my iPad wouldn't fit comfortably in, along with all my other "essentials", so there'd never be an issue of what to do with it when I'm out and about

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks grumps

·
Registered
212 Posts
Thanks idletony. I was nearly right! Sounds like another corner cut with the case (or lack of).

I think we'll all be moving to Stevenage pamey if you feel comfortable leaving your M&M in the car on show.

Not exactly wiki-wiki wild wild west up here but still had my car broke into a while back, they took a bunch of CDs and my spare wheel and left me with a screwdriver hole in the drivers door and that was with nothing on show.

They've even been known to break into cars with sat-nav sucker marks on the glass in the hope of finding one in the car. That's why the M&M goes with me, the cradle goes in the glove box and the cover goes back on the cradle slot.

Rather the extra few minutes sorting it than giving some scroat a pay day.

Ranting now. Sorry.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts