Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I plugged my Maps & More in to my PC today to try and get the Q4/12 map update that is bring discussed on a different thread and was prompted to do a software update from 7.6.1 to 7.10.4

I was super excited as I get a lot of trouble connecting the device to the car but the device not recognising it's docked ( no car info and no radio connection ) which I put down to my home install but I guess it could be a software issue so wondered if this helps.....anyone else have this problem ?

Anyway it won't do the update as it said I didn't have enough space and even after deleting everything on the Navigon drive and SD card it still said not enough space so I'm restoring it now. I'll let you know if that works.

I have a galaxy note 2 and have to disable my phone from playing media files via bluetooth to get my phone to work in handsfree ( this has been discussed on a different thread as well ) but I was disappointed to note that even though my other car ( a Mercedes E Class ) can read my text message, Maps & More can't. Does anyone have any luck with text messages being read on the Maps & More

Si

·
Registered
705 Posts
I've just tried Navigon Fresh, and as usual on a Mac it fails. I'll re-boot onto Windows XP later and try that instead and see what comes up.

I've already updated to the latest map set.

Nick

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm also a Mac user and have to use virtual machines :-(

The actual versions are 7.6.6. to 7.10.25

I've done a full restore to get anything extra off my device and wiped the SD card but still it complains about not enough room

It says it need an extra 39mb but every time delete something it increases the amount of required space inline with the amount of available space and says it still needs the same amount

Rubbish :-(

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
On the phone to Navigon to see if they can work it out. The Fresh app won't let me do anything but perform the update and that won't complete as there isn't enough room ( even after manually deleting every single file it still says i'm 1.5mb short !!!!!!! )

I did a restore of the device which pushed my software version to 7.6.6 but when that didn't work I recovered my backup and now my device is at 7.6.17

I have no idea whats going LOL

·
Registered
705 Posts
I backed the unit up first on the XP version of my MacPro. Then I tried the software update - no, it can't be done as you need an extra 4.5 MB of space.

I gradually deleted more and more stuff, but always got the message that an extra 4.5 MB was required.

Deleted the lot and the M + M was no longer recognised. Gulp! Luckily, I've been able to restore from the backup, but it does take a long time to do anything.

So, it seems that the update is a complete waste of time until Navigon fix some of the bugs it has in it.

And they need to make sure that Mac users can use their damned Fresh software ASAP.

Nick

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got the same result and the man from Navigon said they are aware of it but need the guys i Germany to produce a fix.

What really annoys me is that none of the Fresh software works until the software is updated

Shame as I really love this little PID unit, it does so much so well

Si

·
Registered
705 Posts
They really need to post a warning on their site to say that there is a problem as otherwise they'll be swamped with requests for help from other frustrated owners.

I agree, it's a good unit, but the support from Navigon is very poor for Mac users - you can't pay for anything and the update service doesn't work at all. Garmin used to be the same, and they now own Navigon. Thankfully, Garmin have improved, now they need to sort Navigon out.

I'm keeping my Garmin zumo 500 up-to-date as I bought a Lifetime Maps plan a couple of years ago, and I've always got it just in case.

Nick

·
Registered
63 Posts
I just updated my M+M with the 7.10.25 update without any problems. I am, however using a PC running Windows 7. I also have the Q4/2012 maps installed.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thats strange, I assume you didn't get any storage problems ?

Did you have to do anything at all ?
What software version did you from ?

Si

·
Registered
63 Posts
The update was from 7.6.1. I only had the UK map installed on my M+M as I couldn't see the point in keeping all others when I don't travel outside the UK.

The only unusual step was a message after the update had been installed which asked me to plug the M+M unit into my 'brand new car' and turn the ignition on. When I did this, it displayed a message about the type of car it was connected to and rebooted.

Following these steps, I tested the M+M and all appears to be working correctly.

Edited by: RDA

·
Registered
604 Posts
just done update without problem, and i have other apps installed on the m&m

Total internal memory 3634 MB on the M&M unit
size of update 3380 MB
free space available before update 2061 MB
free space available after update 48 MB

as you can see update is quite substantial and leaves me with very little space

Edit Post: I am a Windows 7 user, update took about 2Hrs

Edited by: spud

·
Registered
63 Posts
I think that the software update also installed the Q4/12 map update for all countries, hence the increase in memory usage.

I re-installed the Q4/12 update and only selected the UK map and the free space went back to 2225MB.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Navigon Fresh is telling me to update, then it looks at my Maps+More and says I need 4mbs more space and to go to My System to delete one of the apps but that just takes me to the update page and that gets into the loop to update and then no space.... then delete ...then update......

·
Registered
1 Posts
instructions
you need a usb stick with 4GB.
Copy all data from the navi on the stick.
the navi deduct from usb.
the program navigon fresh start and start the update!
the update aktualiesiert then the usb stick.
navigon fresh finish.
then you müst on the usb stick in folder NAVIGON countries - map and there a map you need not delete the.
Then the vision to make the usb cable and delete ALL folders on the navi!
Copy all data from the last stick on the navi when all data are on it, and connect to navi take up and go and ignition on.
mfg

·
Registered
705 Posts
I'm giving this a go.

I tried to remove the Micro-SD card and put it in a separate card reader to speed things up, but this didn't work as the SEAT skin file was in use.

I'm now transferring the data to the Micro-SD card using the M + M and I shall now walk away and do something else as it indicates 25 minutes to copy the 3GB, which is slow compared to the usual transfer speeds from the card reader.

Nick

·
Registered
705 Posts
It appears to be working using Windows XP on my MacPro. I'm using a 32GB Micro-SD card, so there's plenty of headroom! I'll find out in another three hours""¦ assuming the damned PC doesn't automatically re-boot itself in the meantime.

Nick

·
Registered
462 Posts
Mine worked fine on windows, but did take two hours to update and also said had to plug into our new car when put in car flashed up Salome thing about petrol car then works fine now

Anyone work out what the update are?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Nightbow.. thanks, it works for me on a usb stick, got me out of the loop in windows7 Thanks a lot!!!!!!

Its going to take 4 hours because of download speed........benefit of living 3 miles from telephone exchange

Edited by: JY1

·
Registered
705 Posts
The new software adds recognition for the ASG, and the SEAT Ibiza.

Nick

·
Registered
604 Posts
Before I hit update it said something about Automatic cars dont think its relevant to most up!'s

1 - 20 of 113 Posts