Up Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm from Sydney and just bought a 2013 Up! with 9,600Kms. Its a nice little car and fun to drive for the power it has, pushed it to 135kmh last night driving alongside a GTI and it had some more in it. I can't pick many faults on the car, although my Navigon system has sh*t itself, not allowing me to view trip comp, gauges or play Bluetooth music over my speakers. Does anyone know how to fix this? I still have 1.5 years of warranty but couldn't be bothered to take it into VW unless its necessary.Cheers, Tom

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'd check that the mounting bracket is seated properly in the dash mount to start with. It should click into place. Had one (Navigon) unit which didn't seem to seat correctly which meant it would only appear to work intermittently...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi..You could do a factory reset on the navigon system, its very simple, connect it to your PC with the supplied microusb and insure it is synced with navigon fresh. (This can be downloaded free from their website). When the navigon unit displays the sync screen, hold the power button for about 10 seconds, if not a bit longer. After that it should reboot and restore back to the original firm ware. And now just update it to the latest firmware via navigon fresh. I hope this helps you mate. Enjoy your up!

·
Registered
397 Posts
Before you try the USB cable/download Navigon software method via your PC, may I suggest a simple RESET?

After nearly two years of trouble free use, two nights ago my M&M unit switched itself off and simply would not fire up whatever I tried - both mounted in the cradle and unmounted!

Problem sorted once I used the RESET option: At the same time as using a pin in the reset hole at the bottom of the unit I pressed the ON button at the top of the unit for 10 secs. This method is NOT in the 150 page manual but is given in the accompanying leaflet that came with my new M&M.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the inputs guys! I was cleaning the interior and accidentally hit the mounting bracket, from that day on the device worked...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts