Up Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks out there! Love my Black 5 door Move Up! However, I'm on to my 3rd near side sidelight. Anyone else have this issue? On my daily commute, there is another black move up! That seems to have a bulb gone?! The bizarre thing is, with the headlights to the full on position, it works perfectly.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Hi,you say it works fine when you have your headlights on.
Sounds like a connection fault, maybe a loose connection.
I would check while you have the side light, on check your connection
Did you say the bulb has blown,if so there is a short somewhere
If not I would give your local VW a ring and book it in,but would just
check under the bonnet first it could be just simple sometimes.
Good luck Regards phill.

·
Registered
252 Posts
If you mean the front sidelight, when the lights are on the lights are in sidelight mode, however when the lights are off, it is permanentlyin daytime running light mode so significantly brighter (& hotter). They are twin filament bulbs so it is perfectly possible for one to work & the other not with out a loose connection.
I have noticed quite a few less than 1 year oldVWs (especially vans)with only 1 DTRL.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Thats why I added LED's...the DRL filaments are not the most robust !

·
Registered
252 Posts
Privatedoc said:
Thats why I added LED's...the DRL filaments are not the most robust !
Agreed, reduce the heat in a tiny area.

All 3 Fords I have had with DRLs have LED rather than filament ones.

To burn brighter the DRL will have to be a thinner filament so hotter bulb & thinner element equals short bulb life.

Re the OP, not sure why it is always the left one of yours that fails, but perhaps there are more bumps near the gutter of the road so the left side gets jolted more. Edited by: mii al

1 - 5 of 5 Posts