Up Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey.. Got a White citigo lowered 35mm with h&r springs.. But can't find the right rims for the car.. Any ideas ? Thinking White car + Black rims ?

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Something like BBS RAs would look good, Borbet As? Aluline Turbines, mTechnica Turbos? I think 16" is all you really need tho

·
Registered
202 Posts
I was about to go with theese, but didn't want to pay all the shipping from the UK and found some rims i liked more in italy anyway. But should look good on a white car (mine is red, clearly better, but you got to manage with what you got :p )

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/16-ISUZU-PIAZZA-Team-Dynamics-Monza-R-Alloy-Wheels-Only-/400302717871?pt=UK_CarParts_Acc_Wheels_tyres_Trims_Car_Rims_ET&hash=item5d33e6bbaf

They aren't 17'' but I wouldn't got over 16'' either. I ended up ordering 15'' actually. But I'm sure you can find the same or similar in 17'' if thats what you really want.
My advice is don't go for black rims... they don't look good IMO unless they have some visible chrome bits to them (like outer rim or lines on the spokes). Full black rims just look like you've got steel wheels on to me unless you go quite close..

·
Registered
33 Posts
i would say it's a matter of your personal taste.

i personally would never go with solid black, at least a nice machined polished lip.

my dream wheel is dotz mugello 15x6.5 with some 205/50R15. but i can't get them here in australia.
so i'm going to get some black classic from vw and put 195/45R16 on.

i have to mention that i'm a kid of the 60's
and i really don't fancy big rims and no rubber.
hard ride and they tent to get pretty fast a gutter rush.

had in the early 80's an mk1 gti with ats cup wheels 15x7 et20 205/50r15 they still make them but same problem like with the dotz mugello can't get them down under and et20 wouldn't work with the up anyway without getting a building permit for some arch extensions.

so you are not alone to go through all the sleepless nights.
on the other you should be happy that u r located in europe. you can get what ever you like mate.

at the moment i'm pretty frustrated that i can't get what i like.
doesn't really matter at this time of the year. we're going now towards winter and i will ride my up until spring comes up on the aussie standard steelies with extra narrow 165/70r14 chesse cutters.

have fun with finding the right solution for you mate.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts