Up Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I am after some car mats for my Up!, wondered if anyone had any experience of non-VW car mats,saw a few topics kicking around about this, but no one who had bought them and compared with the VW own brand.

I am on the brink of buying the VW own premium ones - I am happy to pay the £60 if they are top quality mats, but wondering if I can get better quality elsewhere? (e.g.www.carmats4u.com/or similar).

Cheers! Ed

·
Registered
277 Posts
I have the heavy duty rubber ones with a grey edge from Carmats4u.com. They come with mounting holes cut in for the pegs.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gary, I did, but it was all quite complicated with not enough pictures, lots of sites claiming that theirs are the top quality stuff!

Mogwai, cheers for info, though I am after carpet mats version.

Smyth, do you have any pictures by any chance? They look very similar to the carmats4u ones, which also seem to be rated. Did you add a logo?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Ed! said:
Smyth, do you have any pictures by any chance? They look very similar to the carmats4u ones, which also seem to be rated. Did you add a logo?
Excuse the mess, haven't had time to hoover the car this week!

I didn't go for the logo so I wouldn't be much help.

But the mats are really nice quality. Think they were around £45 for the 4.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks taking they time to do that Smyth, they look good to me! Price seems reasonable if they are quality and fit well.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Smyth said:
Excuse the mess, haven't had time to hoover the car this week!
I never hoovered my Lupo in 10.5 years ...
When there were too many little stones or leaves inside, I grabed them with my hands and put them out ...

I sold my Lupo to the VW dealer I got my up! from ...
On the day I received my up! another sales (wo)man took delivery of my Lupo. She had already heard to get a "never washed Lupo" with some "nice green ornaments". you should have see her face when I said I never hoovered the Lupo, too ...

Well; in the end she was astound that my 10.5 years old Lupo had no rust, looked okay inside and didn't have minor "mistakes" better treated Lupos usually seem to have ...

·
Registered
851 Posts
I have a spare set of 4 unused VW carpet mats. The front ones have the up! logo. I never used them because i replaced them with rubber mats. If anyone wants to make me an offer, please PM me.

·
Registered
176 Posts
The velour car mats that I'd kept after trading in my Audi, now take pride of place in the foot well of my UP!

Granted, the securing pegs in the UP! are slightly narrower but by securing the mats by one of the pegs, I'm pleased that the car mats have so far remained in place.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Our Mii came with the mats. Do VW charge extra?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah in the UK they do not come with the car as standard, seems to be the case wtih most brands these days - I think it is pretty cheeky really, spending 12-13k on an new car and not even getting mats!

·
Registered
252 Posts
No mats is cheeky, but in the UK only 1 remote key is really taking the biscuit.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
mii al said:
No mats is cheeky, but in the UK only 1 remote key is really taking the biscuit.

I was a little shocked at that as well, for me it isn't a huge issue being the only driver of the car - but I am sure many people who share the car will feel pretty short changed, it isn't something you would even consider asking the dealer before buying a new car! Edited by: Ed!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I didn't notice the only one remote until I was picking it up, but as has been said I'm the only one to drive my car. And if my Octavia was anything to go by then the one remote should last me the next decade (although I don't expect to keep the car that long).

As for car mats, it doesn't usually take much to persuade the dealer to include them. I got these and a case for my maps and more (both up! branded) thrown in when I picked it up.

·
Registered
252 Posts
We both use the car & even at cost from memory the folding key & coding was about £160. Don't quote me on that price, but it was a shock.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts