Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I've had my Up since April and thought I'd throw a few pictures up to show my progress with changes to the beast..
I've owned around 20 Volkswagens in the past 7years and none have been left standard. Some of you might have seen my car already at VW shows this summer?

In the compound -

Collection day -

Tinted and lowered 35mm -

New 17" alloys fitted -

Roof wrapped -

Rear bumper section wrapped and de-badged and removed rear wiper -

more to follow...

·
Registered
523 Posts
Looks good!

Mini Cooper s s-spokes?? Did you have to do anything special to make them fit?? I have a set of 15" mini alloys with new winter tyres that I was going to sell, may keep them if they fit.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers!
Yea they're Mini wheels and had to make the centre bore bigger to get them to fit

·
Registered
523 Posts
Thanks for that, saves me trying to get them to fit on the drive. Oh well will stick them on ebay.

Cheers :)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Spaced the rear wheels to sit flush..
Before -

After -

Fitted my garage door remote to the door panel

·
Registered
604 Posts
I can't see them ether, all pics have been moved or deleted

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Very cool indeed...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Red Seat mii Owner, Do the springs you got fit the MII also how did you re bore the wheels to make them fit. i have 17's but centre bore is 1mm like your mini alloys?

Cheers

Chris

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks

The spacers are some I had lying around that is used to have on my mini can't remember the brand tbh.

The fronts are H&R springs at the minute and the rears are polo coilover springs, If you want to get your car lower I'd hang about and wait for coilovers as the ride is very harsh. Actually considering returning the car to standard for the winter months and fitting some suspension when the right set up comes out...

I used a belt sander on the wheels.
Edited by: nEiL!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Got round to having my sub fitted, used the spare wheel well to retain boot space(I've done this on all my cars) rather than throw a box in the boot! Fitted and built by my mate Lee at DBAudio.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
stiffler94dub said:
The coilovers are available now, kw varient 1's u can purchase them from their website they cos £824 when i rang a couple weeks ago :)
Yea mate I know what's out, I look every day

Only 60mm drop though so no good for me

1 - 20 of 74 Posts