Up Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So heres the story I was filling up at the petrol station as you do, it must of been 200th time ive filled up since march and for the first time I completely forgot to close the flap, walked past it and heard a snap, looked down and there was my fuel filler flap lying on the floor
it snapped off very easily
went to my local vw and its gonna cost..........£138!!!! so heads up (pardon the pun) be careful when filling up. Also for the time being ive had to super glue the flap back on

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Why are silly little things on cars sooooo blooming expensive? Makes me

Thanks for the info, I will take extra care from now on

·
Registered
430 Posts
Tell me about it! having to have rear seat belt stalk replaced on our MK6 Golf today (red plastic button piece broke) £280 fitted. I honestly think VW are taking the p***

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Yeah! It's the labour costs that are the expensive bit!!

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
may I suggest a simple solution to this possible issue that might help others and yourself from doing it again. the twisty cap has slots to place it onto the flap whilst youre filling with petrol. if you definatly put it on there everytime, i find it automatic to close the flap after screwing the cap back on...

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Oooh. Will have to look at that... Didnt notice it.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The thing is I always put the cap on the flap but I took the cap off screwed it on as I put my key in to lock it I got a phone call after a quick convo I needed to rush back home and snapped the flap :(

·
Registered
587 Posts
carpy said:
The thing is I always put the cap on the flap but I took the cap off screwed it on as I put my key in to lock it I got a phone call after a quick convo I needed to rush back home and snapped the flap :(

Naughty Naughty,
you are not supposed to use you mobile phone at the petrol pumps, incase it somehowmanagesto spark, then somehow lights the petrol vapours and you become crispy bacon

·
Registered
523 Posts
willowaz said:
may I suggest a simple solution to this possible issue that might help others and yourself from doing it again. the twisty cap has slots to place it onto the flap whilst youre filling with petrol. if you definatly put it on there everytime, i find it automatic to close the flap after screwing the cap back on...
That works a treat :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
I never break mine ?

Edited by: filparis15

1 - 11 of 11 Posts