Up Owners Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone from Bristol, UK. I made an order about 2 weeks ago from the VW dealer here in Bristol. I have received a build slot at week 36, and the order number as well. Glad to see there is a forum for the UP! Already.
the specs of my High UP! ASG in candy white, panoramic roof, leather look interior, sound pack, sport pack, the 3yr service pack and the extended warranty. Can't wait for it. Edited by: GPVG26
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
851 Posts
Hi there, i placed my order on 17 July and got week 36 too. I'm in Gloucs just up the M5 from you. I went for a Move up! in candy white with full sized spare and rubber mats. No other extras as i was aiming for a monthly PCP price which the dealer achieved to within less than a £1 a month. Its been suggested i need to wait until end of October for delivery which suits me fine as my current PCP doesn't end until December.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's cool! Yeah, is about the same delivery time I was told for mine, sometime in the middle or end of October. I also persuaded the dealer to throw in the luxury carpets and the white key protector for free I hope! Lol. Quite happy with the attention and service from the dealer here in Bristol.Edited by: GPVG26
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
851 Posts
What sort of journeys do you plan to do in it? I've bought mine as a "station" car ie for short journeys to the train station as i catch the train to work - but i think the little 3 cyl engine is probably capable of much longer and faster journeys.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,118 Posts
GPVG26 said:
Hello everyone from Bristol, UK. I made an order about 2 weeks ago from the VW dealer here in Bristol. I have received a build slot at week 36, and the order number as well. Glad to see there is a forum for the UP! Already.
the specs of my High UP! Is candy white, panoramic roof, leather look interior, sound pack, sport pack, the 3yr service pack and the extended warranty. Can't wait for it.
Same spec as mine, but I added full size spare wheel!

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,862 Posts
Sounds cool! welcome!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
AlanG said:
What sort of journeys do you plan to do in it? I've bought mine as a "station" car ie for short journeys to the train station as i catch the train to work - but i think the little 3 cyl engine is probably capable of much longer and faster journeys.
Well. I'm originally from Italy, so eventually once a year it will see a nice long trip. But I will mainly use it to commute from home to work. It is my only car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
gary02tdi said:
GPVG26 said:
Hello everyone from Bristol, UK. I made an order about 2 weeks ago from the VW dealer here in Bristol. I have received a build slot at week 36, and the order number as well. Glad to see there is a forum for the UP! Already.
the specs of my High UP! Is candy white, panoramic roof, leather look interior, sound pack, sport pack, the 3yr service pack and the extended warranty. Can't wait for it.
Same spec as mine, but I added full size spare wheel!

Cool. I was contemplating on adding the whole body kit, but won't do it until I see one live. Also it seemed a bit overpriced really. I had a quote of £1121 for it all installed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well guys, today I decided to add the ASG option to my UP! Is there anyone else who has an ASG on order?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
367 Posts
GPVG26 said:
Well guys, today I decided to add the ASG option to my UP! Is there anyone else who has an ASG on order?

Will be interesting to hear how it drives.

Have you tried a demo' model?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
277 Posts
I haven't but my dad is thinking of getting one once he has been able to have a test drive. Has anyone had a test drive in one with ASG yet?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
303 Posts
if its a brand new gearbox with a serial number of 000001... hm..

I think an auto would take all the fun out of the up. since it claims to allways change at lower rpms. no changing at 7,200rpm anymore :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
Unfortunately all the reviews I have read about the auto UP! say the same thing,that its jerky when changing gear and its slow to respond when accelerating as it is reluctant to change down especially when overtaking.One even said that its horrible and should be avoided at all cost.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
VWXYZ said:
GPVG26 said:
Well guys, today I decided to add the ASG option to my UP! Is there anyone else who has an ASG on order?

Will be interesting to hear how it drives.

Have you tried a demo' model?
No. Dealer has nothing yet, all they had is a sheet of paper with prices! No info what so ever.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
To be honest, I read the same thing about the MMT transmissions in the toyotas!, and they sell well. I know how those robotic systems are, is not a cvt nor a dsg, ever, but I got faith in VW that it will be ok. It can't be that bad, and you always got the changes at your fingertips, could always change gears yourself. It also returns better gas mileage. So far I am the second to order an ASG car in Bristol, the first was the actual dealer's demo car which is also on order. Lol......Edited by: GPVG26
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Never mind. Too many buts and questions about the ASG. I also found out the ASG was not developed by VW in the first place, it was designed by Skoda. Reviews have not helped either really and without driving it, well, just decided to go back to the safe option, the 75PS High UP! Bluemotion Technology.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top