Up Owners Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
but autoexcess is notoriously pants at getting it right!

·
Registered
67 Posts
<h2 ="short-teaser"="" style="margin: 0px 0px 1em; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: RobotoItalic; font-size: 16px; font-weight: normal; line-height: 16px; vertical-align: line; color: rgb17, 17, 17;">City car based on VW up! could be on sale in 2015."could"...</h2>And the news is old. "13 Nov, 2013"

Edited by: tyrz

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tyrz

Thanks(0)Quote Reply Posted: 14 minutes ago at 1:31pm
City car based on VW up! could be on sale in 2015. "could"...

And the news is old. "13 Nov, 2013"

Edited by tyrz - 13 minutes ago at 1:32pm

I don't have time to read magazines.
My News came direct from Audi Warrington,when picking my A4 s line after a service today.
Regards Phill

·
Registered
67 Posts
I dont get your point... get your first post straight.As long as there isn't any news from Audi or VW directly, it's all b***s***.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I think a designer had too much time left or a newspaper had too much open space ...

Audi wants to play in the same league as Mercedes or BMW.
The up! already is the "high end version" of the Mii-Citigo-up! family.
There is no need for a "higher end version".
How much would it cost? Starting at 20k EUR/GBP?

·
Registered
67 Posts
If you think about the price of the Up! with some extras, and then add the money you pay to have the Audi badge on your car...

It wouldn't even make any sense if you look at the starting price of the A1.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
tyrz

Thanks(0)Quote Reply Posted: 11 hours 16 minutes ago at 2:44pm
I dont get your point... get your first post straight.
As long as there isn't any news from Audi or VW directly, it's all b***s***.

I don't get your point ,you sound upset,is there something wrong with you.It is called conversation, if you know what it is
I couldn't give two sh*ts if Ford,Vauxhall,Nisan etc where to make the Up. As I love my Up so much,I bought another one.
Such a lovely car to drive ,I wouldn't swap them back for the Audi A1 tdi sport limited edition I use to have,68 miles to the gallon, 15 thousand miles, owned by me from new and sold it for ten thousand pounds.The Up drives and feels better,looks better. So at least you have had your little go,so don't get upset over a little bit of gossip.
You will make yourself unwell. I am very very sorry I have hurt your feelings over a little thing like that. Hope
you get over it soon .Kind Regards Phill
Edited by: Bossphillip

·
Registered
67 Posts
Not upset at all. Just trying to figure out why you post a link to a magazine and then say that you don't have time to read them at all.Aswell as trying to figure out your spelling and punctuation.

You can't say that a car is coming out, just because you see a photoshop.

·
Super Moderator
1,495 Posts
Bossphillip said:
tyrz

Thanks(0)Quote Reply Posted: 11 hours 16 minutes ago at 2:44pm
I dont get your point... get your first post straight.
As long as there isn't any news from Audi or VW directly, it's all b***s***.

I don't get your point ,you sound upset is there something wrong with you ,it's called conversation ,if you no what it is
I couldn't give two shxts if ford vauxhall Nisan ETC were to make the up, as I Love my up so much I bought another one ,
Sutch a lovely lovely car to drive ,I wouldn't swap them back for the Audi A1 tdi sport limited edition 68 miles to the gallon
15 thousand miles owned buy me from new sold it for ten thousand pounds, ,the up drives better feels better ,looks
Better and is better by miles ,and miles ,so at least you have had your little go so don't get upset over a little bit of gossip
You will make your self unwell I am very very sorry I have hurt your feelings over a little thing like that , hope
You get over it soon Kind Regards Phill
There's a quote button, please use it if you are going to quote someone's post, as you method of 'cutting and pasting' including all of their header detail makes it incredibly difficult to read.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I come from NRW (40 years Lower Rhine Area, now Ruhrgebiet) too ...

Might this be a question of mentality and "mother tongue - non mother tongue"???

Maybe b***s*** was the wrong word and rubbish, nonsense or crap would have been better???

I remember a wonderful conversation (in Germany we say "discussion") with my friend in Norfolk about the Euro (he's 110% British). His family thought we might kill eachother but we just had a nice "discussion the German way" ...

We had to stress that we both enjoyed the conversation to calm them down ...

I think tyrz wrote nothing else than I did in my post before.
He just was "a bit more German" ...

·
Registered
851 Posts
The British are notoriously sensitive and i know the rest of Europe are much more direct. Any emails that you send in Britain have to start with small talk or you're considered rude. Also, using your car horn is considered rude and aggressive and yet in Greece it's used as a mark of friendship!

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Like everything, there are strict rules how to use your horn in Germany (in cities only as danger sign, out of cities also as "signal" - but never as "let me pass"). Using the car horn is considered rude in Germany, too ...

I think the horn is used 99% for "can't you see traffic lights are green more than 15 seconds" (very short signal!) or by wedding guests making a convoy ...

Maybe we start a thread how to behave on the road in different countries?
We have people from the UK, France, Germany, BeNeLux, Denmark, Poland, Bazil and many more countries. I recognized that VW Germany has a short "How to drive in Europe" in their "up! book" - but there's surely more to say. We already had questions about using lights in Germany ...

Back to topic ...
Maybe the sentence: "Audi CEO Rupert Stadler has said he wants such a model by the second half of the decade ..." has a "solid background" / "totally unusual intentitions" ???

The EU wants stronger environmental laws and the big cars of Audi, Mercedes, BMW don't fulfill these laws. MAYBE Audi would launch such an "Audi up!" only because it is an easy way to get the emission of the whole product range down?! The "Audi up!" might only be be available as green-tech or e-Audi up! ...

Audi doesn't really want an "Audi up!" - but as part of the "VW family", an "Audi up!" is a cheap method to fulfill EU laws. That's why this car might come "second half of the decade" ...
Launch of an "Audi up!" would not have to do anything with customer demands but with decisions / laws in the EU.

Everyone who wants to have an "Audi up!" has to vote Green in two weeks when the new EU parliament is elected.

If you vote for the conservatives, the "Audi up!" might never be launched (because not neccessary to fulfill new laws) ...

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Thanx for the link!

But to my mind (quote): 'There is no need for a car [below A1 in the range].'
only means that Merkel won the EU fight about stronger / no stronger environmental laws. There is no need anymore because the laws became less strict. If the laws had become more strict, there would be a need for such a car (to "protect" the main big cars) ...

"Need" is not focused on customers but on law restrictions.
In 2013 it was not sure how the upcoming environmental laws might look like ...

Edited by: Cadfael

·
Registered
171 Posts
More accurately, I should have said that CAR said that Stadler said no Audi up!, but indeed the only quote they actually give from him is that weaker "no need" one.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Your post with the link was okay!

I earn my money making marketing (for a small company).
I have learnt to use words and their double meanings (like politicians also do). So, I don't take sentences "as what is obviously said" but as what they might mean / intend.

When Stadler says: 'There is no need for a car [below A1 in the range].'
I ask: NEED for whom and why?

To me Stadler said: 'We earn enough money with our actual product range. Our cars may blow out much too much Co2, but there is no need to change this. The market wants SUVs and big, high equipped cars. As long as politicians don't force us, we give a **** about the world climate ..."

1 - 19 of 19 Posts