Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy All,
Just thought I'd post a few pics of my new bonnet bra that arrived from Germany this week, only £28 with free delivery from ebay, i decided to take a punt on it, and its not bad at all, seems really well made for the price.

I know a lot of people dont like them, and i respect that, and i know they require lots of care to not damage the cars paintwork, but I have always wanted one, ever since I saw one on Bruce Willis's Datsun in the Movie "Blind Date" in the late '80s :-D

I think it looks pretty cool, and if it helps protect the bonnet just a little, then thats a bonus (TBH using the car up in the wilds of derbyshire, with all the rubbish roads and trucks chucking stuff at you, it needs all the help it can!)

·
Registered
138 Posts
Many thanks for this, it looks very useful indeed. The bonnet on my beloved Gold Mk IV looked like it had been shot blasted after 152,000 miles and the up!'s bonnet looks even more vulnerable - role on payday and I'll smuggle one in past 'er indoors!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Yay, done it - I'm officially a Groupie

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
-eelis- said:
You must be joking, right?(...if not, I am sorry, honestly...)
-eelis-
Which bit?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
gordoac said:
Many thanks for this, it looks very useful indeed. The bonnet on my beloved Gold Mk IV looked like it had been shot blasted after 152,000 miles and the up!'s bonnet looks even more vulnerable - role on payday and I'll smuggle one in past 'er indoors!
No problem at all, just have a search around on ebay, i was amazed it arrived in only a couple of days from germany, and the postage was free.

Ive had it on for a couple of days without problem, will be taking it off to get it dry now, it has a nice lining so should be all good...

·
Registered
138 Posts
My long suffering wife asked if the size was D cup! (geddit?)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
gordoac said:
pretty sure a little VW UP! is less of a handful than that

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No worries at all, I'll snap a few pics inbetween jobs tomorrow for you (the perks of being a photographer, i guess!!) and pop them up here for you...
its a simple fitment btw, just a big strap across the the middle of the bonnet, and then some small elastic jobbies to finish the job....

·
Registered
251 Posts
Thanks for posting the photos. German eBay is great - sellers are very efficient (no surprise there, I suppose
) and shipping is usually very fast.

·
Registered
448 Posts
gordoac said:

Don't be so complacent!!!! It just means you are becoming as daft as the rest of us

Go well.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Rock up! GM said:
gordoac said:
pretty sure a little VW UP! is less of a handful than that

Excellent, excellent!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Night Owl said:
gordoac said:

Don't be so complacent!!!! It just means you are becoming as daft as the rest of us

Go well.

Many thanks, you too Night Owl, isn't it the little things that often give the most pleasure?

·
Registered
448 Posts
Come on Guys..Get a Breast of things

Go well.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Absolutely. Welcome to the mad house

Go well.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Rock up! GM said:
Howdy All,  
Just thought I'd post a few pics of my new bonnet bra that arrived from Germany this week, only £28 with free delivery from ebay, i decided to take a punt on it, and its not bad at all, seems really well made for the price.

I know a lot of people dont like them, and i respect that, and i know they require lots of care to not damage the cars paintwork, but I have always wanted one, ever since I saw one on Bruce Willis's Datsun in the Movie "Blind Date" in the late '80s :-D

I think it looks pretty cool, and if it helps protect the bonnet just a little, then thats a bonus (TBH using the car up in the wilds of derbyshire, with all the rubbish roads and trucks chucking stuff at you, it needs all the help it can!)

·
Registered
448 Posts
Hello Rock up. Please may I apologise for interrupting your input with my bland comments. I seem to have a dubious talent for this

Thank-you for the photos. I appreciate and welcome them.

Go well.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
No problem at all, thoroughly enjoyed it

1 - 20 of 30 Posts