Up Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just published my seventh eBook on Amazon. Won't say I am the worlds best writer but someone out there other than me has been buying them so can't complain and pays for my new up

Called Apache Wrath a fiction book all about the AH64 Apache in Afghanistan released on Saturday. Sorry no other Up! and coming stories, but who knows the Up! mayfeaturein a future book!!!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0094Q1OFG

All my other awful books are here, well maybe not quite awful but book opinions seem to be likebum-holeseveryone has one some good some bad.......

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Jeremy-Green/e/B006JRDXFW/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_1

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Blatant self promotion! Is this allowed?

Good luck to you, wish I could do it. If it was a horror book, a book about cats, childcare or something similar to 50 Shades I would have bought it!

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bugbabe34 said:
Blatant self promotion! Is this allowed?

Good luck to you, wish I could do it. If it was a horror book, a book about cats, childcare or something similar to 50 Shades I would have bought it!
Yes very blatant, but it I can write a book that people will buy anyone can and make a few pennise to pay for an Up! grade
Write a cat book that would be puurfect then you could claw some money back....sorry better stop with the bad jokes!

Thanks have beensurprisedat the number sold and making over 500 hundred pork pies last month only reason the ball and chain allowed me to buy an up.......the meanie

·
Registered
619 Posts
The book is not 'my cup of tea' but well done anyway for your efforts. I don't see anything wrong with self promotion via this forum - some folks will be interested.

Incidentally jezyg, how long did it take you to write your book?
Edited by: luckyjimmy

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
luckyjimmy said:
The book is not 'my cup of tea' but well done anyway for your efforts. I don't see anything wrong with self promotion via this forum - some folks will be interested.

Incidentally jezyg, how long did it take you to write your book?

Thanks, to be honest the time can vary I have written one book in two weeks justbecauseI got obsessed. That is notincludingall the proof reading as takes an age and then still miss mistakes. Usually two to three months for my other books. Apache Wrath took a month, started it whilst away on holiday typing it into my smartphone!!

It is having an idea I find the hardest then any research needed as I like it to be technicallyaccurateif at all possible even for a fiction book. Other books like my Police Guide books I just update as the year goes on and then release a new version each year.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Maybe you should have had a proof reader with one of your previous posts. But I suppose like all of us who type too fast, you never bothered to check before you hit the send key. I like your jokes though and am more inclined to read a book about warfare than I am about animals. (I'm a typical ex-serviceman of course).

Is your book available on Kindle yet?

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bingalau said:
Maybe you should have had a proof reader with one of your previous posts. But I suppose like all of us who type too fast, you never bothered to check before you hit the send key. I like your jokes though and am more inclined to read a book about warfare than I am about animals. (I'm a typical ex-serviceman of course).

Is your book available on Kindle yet?

I type far too fast for my brain and can get more typos and errors in asentence than a teenage girl can listen to the same Justin Bieber track!! Yep never check just hit send and wait for the grammar police
I am ex forces as well....

All my books are on Kindle, also have a few on the iBookstore but that seems to have really slowed down in the last six months???

Edited by: jezyg

·
Registered
315 Posts
Sorry for delay in this but I have been on my happy hols for a while and then forgot about your books. I will have a look now and maybe buy a Kindle version. I hadn't read a book in years until I decided to buy myself a Kindle the Christmas before last. Since then I have read 76 books of different sizes and genres. But I do tend to read tales about the armed forces etc. By the way jezyg I was a Bootneck for 23 years, am wondering what branch of the armed forces you were in? I will have a guess at the RAF.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Hi again jezyg. Your first link came up as an error but the second one is fine..

I should have gone to the amazon site first and I would have noticed that you are ex-army. But then again I was getting close with you also serving in the Air Cadets. Just came back on to apologise for guessing wrongly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts