Up Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just joined the forum. Hi!!!!

Have ordered a Candy White High Up! for Mrs Technogogo. We were very impressed when we checked out the Up! last week. We couldn't decide on colour or spec - initially aimed for a Move Up! but wanted winter pack, after last winter! Possibly pale blue or black. Not overly fussed as all the colours are attractive though we are not fans of regular silver. However a 3dr with winter pack is in short supply. So opted for a High Up! in Candy White instead. We did not want to wait for a build slot otherwise we thought we'd end up being best to wait for the 63reg in Sept.

We've never bought a new car before. I tended to think it was a bit of a mugs game from a financial standpoint. But when we considered the value that appears to be on offer with the Up! it actually made sense to get one new! Based on likely depreciation comparisons of the Up! versus our used car candidates. Plus a little man maths of course!

·
Registered
142 Posts
good move, you wont regret it, mine pretty much pays for its self with my monthly fuel savings too. :)

·
Registered
811 Posts
Welcome, excellent choice. You certainly won't regret it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Picked up our new Up! this afternoon. Very very very impressed. Highly nippy and wicked fun to drive. And OMG those heated seats are going to be bliss in the winter. They get so hot so quickly.

Here's to three years of wicked fun and wicked cheap motoring!Edited by: technogogo

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
_1S_ said:
Congrats on the new ride.

Why only 3 years
Oh no reason. Three year finance and three year service pack. So I probably should have said "at least three years".

Our motivation for the Up came after the realisation that the depreciation on a Merc A150, bought at just under three years old and kept for nearly three years, worked out at £110 per month! So with suitable man maths applied the running costs on the new Up! are cheaper and, importantly, fixed. Our finance deal is approx £100 per month.. The month we avoid paying the £130 car tax on the A150 and pay £20 instead is like a month free. Again, man maths is the best kind!

·
Registered
851 Posts
I like the concept of man maths - but i do wonder what form woman maths might take? Does it factor in soft furnishings and a DVD of Marley and Me?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Being a man I have no insight into woman maths. But I believe they consider it valid to divide the cost of a handbag by the number of days they will own it multiplied by the number of items they will place within it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Moving the seats to let in rear passengers (3 door) is tricky though. Anyone else finding that? The base of the seat slides all the way forward or back yet the rear part of the seat won't hinge back. I think we have worked it out though. You need to use the lever. You can't just move the seat itself and expect it to return to its previous position. Like in some cars.

See? The nit picking has started! Nah still love Zoomy!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi All,

Although not an UP owner I do have a Citigo Elegance 75ps in mydefence and have been trawling the technical pages to get the coding details for cornering lights, single door unlock etc. I am now in the process of fitting rear wheel arches and boot lights using the VAG foot well lights.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts