Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just about to buy either a Move with Comfort pack or a High. £ door manual in Black.Dealers not prepared to really discount much at all.
Anybody out their willing to comment or offer some discount??

Thanks
March delivery no Trade-in

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I think your best bet is to shop around dealers, there's not a lot of discount to be had however, due to the popularity I assume.
I doubt you'll find anyone selling here either way, welcome anyway tho!

·
Registered
811 Posts
I didn't get any discount as such but I managed to talk up an extra £500 for my part - ex and get free servicing with a bit of persistence.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for your comments. I was going to sell my Part-Ex separately, as someone wants it. Thought it might help the process...
No finance either, so not a lot in it for the dealers!

Will try for the free servicing, mud flaps and mats.

Thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
I got £275 off list price and spare wheel and mudflaps FOC at my local dealer on an UP! Black.

·
Registered
52 Posts
We didn't manage much of a discount, only about £275 off list but did get the Sound Pack and Spare Wheel "Free" after the usual nonsense of the Sales Personal referring to her boss for permission. VW must be making a fortune out of UP sales!

·
Registered
187 Posts
I didnt get a discou nt on my Citigo but I did get a full set of luxury tailored carpet mats thrown in as well as 2 years free servicing as I had to make a complaint and also full tank of petrol and a boot liner so it worked out not too bad in the end.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello

I got about £1000 discount off a £12000 spec car through DriveTheDeal.

Built to order. The local VW dealers could/would not get within £400 of it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
It got free servicing for 3 years, free gardx, free gap insurance, free spare wheel and about 200 off list price. I was willing to walk away if he didn't provide all of this. I was in no hurry to get my car! Seemed by playing it cool got a bit more out of them.

·
Registered
113 Posts
anyone know how much a UK dealer earns on an UP?

Here in Denmark its apparently only around 5000kr (£570)...

The high taxes on the cars, and even the accessories keep them from earning more...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hey Uppies!

I ordered my Tornado Red 75 ps High Up! last Saturday and got £1000 off the total price which I think was very reasonable considering the sales rep reckoned that they only have 1% movement on the Up!
I had added various options - Sound pack, sports pack, servicing/maintenance, life shine, gap insurance, spare wheel, front and back mudflaps, rear spoiler (to include paint and fitting) luxury front mats and boot insert.
I did try for a free tank of fuel too but there's no profit margins in fuel and the dealer wouldn't budge on that.
I now can't wait to take delivery if my new Up! which I'm informed will be between 8-12 weeks.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Wenders said:
Hey Uppies!

I ordered my Tornado Red 75 ps High Up! last Saturday and got £1000 off the total price which I think was very reasonable considering the sales rep reckoned that they only have 1% movement on the Up!
I had added various options - Sound pack, sports pack, servicing/maintenance, life shine, gap insurance, spare wheel, front and back mudflaps, rear spoiler (to include paint and fitting) luxury front mats and boot insert.
I did try for a free tank of fuel too but there's no profit margins in fuel and the dealer wouldn't budge on that.
I now can't wait to take delivery if my new Up! which I'm informed will be between 8-12 weeks.

I was told yesterday that there was only 2%
Who do you trust?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I got £625 off HIGH UP 75 BMT with Sports pack and Sensor pack.

The OP will have subsided their discount by paying top dollar for GAP and LIFE SHINE (£99 Cost max to dealership) and the numerous dealer fit options.

Its a game of numbers!!

Edited by: n5tew

·
Registered
93 Posts
That was my experience too. My local dealer was quite apologetic about being unable to come close but said he is quite happy to pick up the servicing business. From my point of view, it has made no difference - the supplying dealer has been very helpful and professional even though they must be earning pennies on it.

Nick

·
Registered
142 Posts
i used carherd and got 4% of retail price and a very high part-ex against my old motor.

·
Registered
30 Posts
List price of my High Up with extras came to £11,850. I got it for £11,200 (mid April 2013) without haggling too much. Didn'tbuy GAP insurance orLifeshine. I didn't part exchange and bought it on the options PCP. Dealer also threw in luxury mats for front/rear. Feel sure I could have got it a bit cheaper if I'd been really hard nosed, but I was happy with that, and I wanted to kick off with a good relationship with the dealer given I might look at the GTi before my 3 years is up

1 - 20 of 26 Posts