Up Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Opel Karl pictures and details released.

http://www.worldcarfans.com/114120285269/is-this-the-opel-karl

wind up rear windows, climate control, steering wheel controls, 75bhp engine, LCD display with phone connectivity are all among the new features this car has.

All these changes just help to push the class forward and VW will have to respond with similiar functionality in a refreshed Up! to remain class competitive.

Never before have citycars offered so much functionality/ability.

·
Read Only
110 Posts
Certainly a nicer interior than the Up!, no awful M&M to clip on and off. Though the Up! still looks much better from the outside, and to most people that will tip the balance.

·
Registered
164 Posts
proud_darcy said:
Opel Karl pictures and details released.

http://www.worldcarfans.com/114120285269/is-this-the-opel-karl

wind up rear windows, climate control, steering wheel controls, 75bhp engine, LCD display with phone connectivity are all among the new features this car has.

All these changes just help to push the class forward and VW will have to respond with similiar functionality in a refreshed Up! to remain class competitive.

Never before have citycars offered so much functionality/ability.
This is very similar to the Mercosur Up! version.
See my High UP!

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Maybe the Vauxhallwill be named Carl or Charles?

But the "Charles" weren't very successful kings in English history ...
Republicas shouldn't smile, thinking about Prince Charles POW!
English heir apperents can choose / change their names when they become The King!

Regarding Karl ...
I don't like the outside design ...
The driver's display also looks very cheap. The (high) up! design is much more stylish!
Advantage of M&M + Radio: You can change media or broadcast while Navi is on. Try this with a "all in one" solution. I also like that the M&M is not so low.

·
Registered
957 Posts
The Vauxhall will be called the Viva.
A name they used about 30-40 years ago.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
http://www.worldcarfans.com/115011587327/opel-announces-9500-starting-price-in-germany-for-2015

‚¬9500 which is cheaper than Citigo and Mii with 5 doors, wind down rear windows and comes in below 100g/KM which non Eco variants of these cars do not and it is 75bhp not 60bhp.
If your preference is for a Up/Citigo/Mii then this can only help with discounting.
As long as they don't do a Ford on it and make the standard colour the colour of bile vomit then it should be a good proposition.

At present in my company car scheme I'd be aiming toward this because Opel discount like crazy(e.g. 38% off an insignia and don't charge for delivery).
It is 3.68m long so should have more interior space and boot space.Edited by: proud_darcy

·
Registered
164 Posts
proud_darcy said:
http://www.worldcarfans.com/115011587327/opel-announces-9500-starting-price-in-germany-for-2015

‚¬9500 which is cheaper than Citigo and Mii with 5 doors, wind down rear windows and comes in below 100g/KM which non Eco variants of these cars do not and it is 75bhp not 60bhp.
If your preference is for a Up/Citigo/Mii then this can only help with discounting.
As long as they don't do a Ford on it and make the standard colour the colour of bile vomit then it should be a good proposition.

At present in my company car scheme I'd be aiming toward this because Opel discount like crazy(e.g. 38% off an insignia and don't charge for delivery).
It is 3.68m long so should have more interior space and boot space.
It has no more space than the Mercosur UP with 3.60m, because the Karl has a "longer nose", and the Mercosur UP has wind down rear windows, and a more robust gearbox, the MQ200B (the european UP has the MQ100 and SQ1|00).

Clearly GM wants to compete with VAG, because in 2014 the trio Up/Citigo/Mii are the best-selling car of the urban segment in Europe.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You see that is why competition is good.
Obvious response to this is that VAG phase out the 60bhp engine, stretch the wheelbase, pull emmissions below 100g/km put in roll down windows, put in a proper android lcd, update the dash and door cards = Customer wins!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No. Slovakia is cheap and the grey import Citigos and Miis to Germany from across the border are much much cheaper than German list price.

·
Registered
164 Posts
proud_darcy said:
No. Slovakia is cheap and the grey import Citigos and Miis to Germany from across the border are much much cheaper than German list price.
The e-UP is builded in Slovakia, but I don't know where is builded the first UP.

The BlueMotion UP has a emission of 95 gr CO2 by km.

Many parts of the Mercosur UP are builded in Czechoslovakia.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts