Up Owners Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We ordered our White High Up! with a red dash, polka dot and salsa seats and panoramic roof back in March. We were told to expect a delivery by July. We get married on the 22nd of June so have had no time to think about out little one's arrival, but today out of the blue a premature birth! We were stunned...We have both been to check on the baby, and it is slightly different to our expectations; no red dash, black gloss for us, and the cornsilk looks more grey than I imagined from the brochure, the seats too are quite different, but I guess that is what is happens when you order before any are about. However, we love it/him/her, cannot decide what sex yet, all we know is that it is dammmmm sexxxy! We now have a dilemma. Collect Friday on its 12 plate or wait until we get back from our honeymoon when it can have out personal plate installed. It will also give us time to think about selling our poor sexC1. Its a great day for a White wedding

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Congratulations.

So you didn't get the dash you ordered either?

Pleased you like it nonetheless, but another wrong delivery to add to the ever increasing pile

Good luck with your wedding

·
Registered
956 Posts
Congratulations on both the wedding and the car and welcome to the forum. Interesting that there are so many cropping up with the wrong interior spec, what on earth is going on there!!

Hope the weather's glorious for the wedding but I'm sure you'll have a fantastic day regardless. Where are you going for your honeymoon?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
thats the third black dash that should have been red! Glad you like your black dash though. I instantly fell in love with mine once I saw it. I love the contrast between the black and the cornsilk.
I'm sure they just keep running out of red and fit black instead, to keep the production line moving...

Hope you have a great day.. Now you have an up, you won't need a fancy wedding car...

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Congratulations! both on the wedding and new arrival

when I got married (nearly 20 yrs ago) I was driving a discovery that needed some repair work, the garage gave me a brand new white range rover as a loan car so you can guess what we did......white ribbons and drove ourselves!...(at 15mpg I hasten to add! )

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
yes, big congrats on the wedding and getting your lovely up early too!!

shame about the black instead of the red dash, but if you love it all the same, then its all good!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone for the congratulations. I have not looked around the site yet, so the dash is a common problem? My partner was told that the white car cannot have a red dash...but not at ordering or at any time in the process to check if we wanted anything else. Should we maybe be compensated then if it is in fact their fault, or do you think they will just say they will sell the car and we can wait again??! We have decided to leave it safely in the garage compound until after the wedding, I had visions of people tying stuff to it, lipstick writing on the new shiny white paint etc, and we do have the loan of an original AC Cobra for the day, so as long as there is no rain and no wind (lol) we will be fine

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
you can have the red dash with a white car, one of the other members has it...

i think it was a safe move leaving it in the compound til after the wedding!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Maybe I will see what they will throw in then! Although I may have appeared too pleased by now...

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
another members' dealer tried the 'you cannot have a red dash with xxx' bull5h1t. they got a full apology from the dealers manager, a re-order and a loan car til the 'correct' one came.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I was given one of the Up! boxes as a sorry for getting the dash wrong. It was worth £50 ish, and had bits and bobs such as coffee mug and lunch box..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think we have been dealing with the mnager so they could be embarrassing :/ but I will definitely 'take it Up!' with him...

·
Registered
215 Posts
my car was wrong interior totally ...ordered anthraciteblack /gloss dash with structure anthracite seats ....came with grained cornsilk/cornsilk dashwith structure black denim seats .....!

DONT accept it if its not what you ordered or want !! you shoudn't just have to put up with their mistakes

i didn't accept mine... i hit the roof ....it's now been re ordered and got a 61 plate polo till car comes sept

Edited by: littleredcar

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
We saw the boxes which our guy initially said were free, my partner checked them all ut and decided the green city box was the only one worth having...and then before we started debating about the black dash he told us that he was not sure if they were actually £50 to buy, we just laughed and said if you bought the items yourself it would amount to about a tenner and no one in their right mind would buy one at that price, he agreed.

I have now rung him about my concerns and he told me no manager could justify loaning out a car for more than a couple of weeks while the car was reordered (as there was very little money being made on the Up) and he pretty much said there was no guarantee you would get what you ordered anyway (which has been proved) something to do with parts all coming to the production line from different warehouses and not necessarily arriving when required, so they just add in whatever is available - brilliant, they may as well chuck the order brochure out and tell everyone its a lucky dip!!! He said he has ordered me mats and a spare tyre. I said surely the cost should be met by the Manufacturers who are messing up and he said no chance.

The idea of looking for my spec elsewhere was going nowhere too because there are no spare ones anywhere, they come in and go out were pretty much his words.

Watch this space...

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
jo2802 said:
We saw the boxes which our guy initially said were free, my partner checked them all ut and decided the green city box was the only one worth having...and then before we started debating about the black dash he told us that he was not sure if they were actually £50 to buy, we just laughed and said if you bought the items yourself it would amount to about a tenner and no one in their right mind would buy one at that price, he agreed.

I have now rung him about my concerns and he told me no manager could justify loaning out a car for more than a couple of weeks while the car was reordered (as there was very little money being made on the Up) and he pretty much said there was no guarantee you would get what you ordered anyway (which has been proved) something to do with parts all coming to the production line from different warehouses and not necessarily arriving when required, so they just add in whatever is available - brilliant, they may as well chuck the order brochure out and tell everyone its a lucky dip!!! He said he has ordered me mats and a spare tyre. I said surely the cost should be met by the Manufacturers who are messing up and he said no chance.

The idea of looking for my spec elsewhere was going nowhere too because there are no spare ones anywhere, they come in and go out were pretty much his words.

Watch this space...
That is truly outrageous. Never heard of such a thing, I bet VW head office would go ballistic if they knew one of their salesmen was saying stuff like that

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Sounds time for an email to VW UK , don't stop til you get what you want

·
Registered
956 Posts
Yep, totally agree bugbabe and privatedoc. I read this earlier and was so gobsmacked I actually couldn't think of a response.

I'm sure this so called salesman is talking complete bo***cks and I think it definitely merits a call/email/letter to VW UK as I'm sure they wouldn't want their reputation tarnished by this kind of nonsense.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts