Up Owners Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see the new cross-up is featured in most of the car mags ............ but will it come to the uk ?

·
Registered
430 Posts
I don't think it has anything more to offer than the current car other than some dodgy styling, who would buy a 4 x 4 lookalike when you can buy a 4 x 4 Panda which by all accounts is a good vehicle that not only looks the part but does the job?

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have brought one... Its delivered in November...It Black fully loaded... I just loved it as it is a bit different form the others...
I dont care its not 4x4 its just a great car... Roll on November. :)

·
Registered
222 Posts
I want a Cross Up. Just for the looks. I love the plastic arches and the roof bars.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Dunno what's the fuzz about the Cross-up!

It's just a five door up that sits at normal height, with a bit of plastic trim that you can add to any up!

We'll have to see if the roofrails can also be retrofitted to a regular up!

·
Registered
115 Posts
I finally get my CROSS UP! on 12th November...Picking it up from Wolfsburg.... So really looking forward to it...
I will take a load of pics on the day... if its not raining...lol

·
Registered
115 Posts
Yes AlanG it will be... as i live in Germany... thats not really a hardship for me :)I am an English expat... in Germany lol....

·
Registered
115 Posts
thats slightly different from the Cross UP!, no side mouldings on the wheel arches... What model is that... maybe specific to Australia?

Once i got mine I will post some pics... after the 12th Nov.

·
Registered
583 Posts
downunderup said:
We'll have to see if the roofrails can also be retrofitted to a regular up!
Like this perhaps...................
Yeah, but I seem to recall those are not functional and can't carry weight.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Well I know Thule make roof bars for the Cross up that fit to the roof rails.UP 75kg max load.
Thule WingBar Edge, in the specs it reads
<ul style="list-style: none; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; color: rgb255, 255, 255; font-family: Arial; line-height: normal; : rgb0, 0, 0;"><li ="disc" ="bullet-list" style="margin-left: 20px;">City Crash approved for 75 kg according to ISO Norm.[/list]And look cool to..
not sure if add on rails will be able to hold this...

·
Registered
115 Posts
Well Finally the waiting is nearly OVER... Tuesday next week i will be picking up my NEW Cross UP from The AutoStadt in Wolfsburg... Been waiting since June for my new babe VW...Will miss the old Passat... but i won't miss the large fuel and tax bills... don't even mention the Servicing costs...
Going to take my Camera so will get some pics of it nice and shiny... lol
Think I have made the right choice... waiting so long... little doubts creep into the mind... But all the positive words on this forum has kept me from running to dealer and changing it completely for a different model... So thank you all...

·
Registered
88 Posts
Gareth any pics of your Cross UP? I know I for one am interested in seeing them

·
Registered
115 Posts
Sorry guys been really busy with work, so not had time to do much. Now that i got the Alloy summer wheels on it I will take some more pictures this week, and try and get them posted.
Already had the first service, so Ive been racking up the kilometres. a lot of up and down the Autobahns, So i can say it is a comfortable motorway cruiser, not super fast. if VW did a 100BHP with a 6 speed DSG i think it would be a fantastic city/motorway cruiser. But thats not likely to happen, as it would encroach on the POLO.. Shame..
Edited by: GarethB

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
BTW folks, the cross up is more than just styling, suspension is RAISED by 15mm, there are different fabric seats, side sills and then the bars, mouldings etc. I think it would sell well here if the price was right.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Private doc you are correct. The extra 15mm ride does give it a little more body roll, but it rides better on a motorway/Autobahn and it is a relaxed drive. I don't drive it hard or fast. 100-140kph on the autobahn on cruise control, i have pushed her up near the top end, 160kph which a 100mph, and it handles it well, but is much happier cruising at about 110-120kph, and the economy i am getting avg is 4.9L/100km. So very happy with my Cross UP, Ive not seen another one on the road yet.. so it stands out a bit more. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts