Up Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have my driving test in just over a month and thought I should start looking for a car for when I pass.

Saw an up! on auto trader and eBay,long story shortI may have fallen in love and now own a Tornado red Take up!

The dealer has said they will happily keep hold of it until I've passed my test and I'm so excited, can't wait!

On a side note, as it's only a basic Take up! what accessories do you guys recommend?

Thanks in advance

Edited by: spikedscott

·
Registered
90 Posts
The one I would certainly go for is a proper spare wheel. The puncture repair kit is ok if you get a nail in the tread but tear the sidewall of the tyre and you are stuffed. Spend some money on doing your Pass Plus and make sure that you know how to check the oil and water and change a wheel.

Best wishes for your test!

Nick

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

I have to confess that I'm a bit of a car nut anyway, so basic maintenance won't be an issue as I used to help my parents when I was younger. I'll definitely look at getting a proper spare wheel, they seem to be so expensive if you don't buy it with the car when new. Looks like eBay will become my new friend.

Scott

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I would get the custom fit sunblinds. They give the impression of tinted windows and make the car stand out. (plus keep the car cool) Every single person who has seen my car has thought they were tinted.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm a fairly new driver too (passed in November, collected car in June!) My light blue Take Up! is my first car and it's been great to drive. I've found it comfortable and easy. Not had any problems with it... Touch wood! You'll love it, I'm sure. Accessory-wise I've not added much, got a magnetic boot light and an AUX cable, that's about it!Edited by: HannahUP

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I couldn't wait another month until my test to get the car so having it delivered tomorrow morning
I'll be able to get even more practice in and it won't be in my mums Micra, so excited!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Been out a couple of times now and I love it! Really enjoyable to drive and so easy to park!

I have one issue though:

It still has to have L plates on

1 - 11 of 11 Posts