Up Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a long wait, so I passed some of the time by making a new driveway. Couldn't park a shiny new car on a muddy farm track, could I? Next pic in the series will include a little red car! I can't figure out how to put more text under the pics though . . .Help!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
You look like you live in a lovely remote spot
Edited by: bugbabe34

·
Registered
77 Posts
Ah, Bugbabe - do I detect the predictive text of your iPad...?

Lovely driveway Yapmaul! Do you take on commissions?!

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was thinking of taking up landscape gardening when I retire from the day job shortly! Depends what you call remote, bugbabe. It's certainly quiet unless the aristocracy are out shooting pheasants!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Yes Elb, blooming thing.

Can't beat a bit of peace and quiet, we are in a village, but wish We were a bit more remote.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Looks idyllic. I live in the middle of Leeds suburbs and sometimes long to move to a small village but unfortunately little things like work and family get in the way of moving somewhere remote.

Ah well, maybe when we retire

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
To those of you who long for somewhere more remote I will just say one word. MUD!! I'm just hoping it won't stick to my shiny new car.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
From experience, mud is easy to clean with my powerwasher, city grime seems to stick like glue!

Yapmaul, you and I need the UP! Cross !

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I certainly need mine, Privatedoc. I have reached the point where I am constantly waiting for the final phone call. It's now more than two weeks since they called to tell me it was at Grimsby. I suspect the problem is that Lowestoft is not on the way to anywhere else, except the North Sea!

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So, farewell, Fred! I know I said I don't give cars names, and I don't. But I bought this one from a friend at work five years ago and she loved it (him!) and called it Fred Focus. Coincidentally an electrician came to do some work on the house and recognized the car. He was the previous owner and regretted ever selling it. I'm afraid he (the car, that is) is now heading to the great car-pound in the sky (or the auction more likely)! RIP!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts