Up Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Its the future (we're told) A good mate just got a CitiGo Elec, can't stay with him around town, so challenge him to a return trip to B'Ham :ROFLMAO:

Registered
eUp!, eCitigo are already dead cars. Sadly, it needs a new generation of battery tech to enable worthwhile small cars, beyond just the manufacturers playing the numbers on emissions as it is today....

Don't get me wrong, I will happily buy one when the time is right, but "today is not that day" as they say... at least not for my usage pattern and capital outlay.....

Registered
Did you see the feature on electric cars on Top Gear some time ago? They took 2 cars to the seaside and ran out of electric/ range, so could not make the return journey. The best part was when they were pushing the cars to the side of the road with Clarkson saying "this is the future of driving guys"

I would purchase an electric car because of the low mileage i do these days. I do like the Zoe and the Mini E as well as the many petrol cars that will be on my shopping list when its time to change, but at the moment electric cars are very expensive for a car to drive to the supermarket and back. Yes they have free road tax, but whats the betting that will end in 2030 when you can only buy new electric cars.

I am sure from 2030 electric cars will have to pay road tax. Even now the gov grant has gone from 拢5000 to 拢3000 to 拢2500. Mind you the TXE electric black cab Taxi still gets a 拢7000 grant but the cab costs 拢60 000 compared to 拢40 000 that the old TX4 Taxi costs. However my taxi driver friends say the new cab is amazing so perhaps electric is the future.

Registered
e-up! 32kwh white
Did you see the feature on electric cars on Top Gear some time ago? They took 2 cars to the seaside and ran out of electric/ range, so could not make the return journey. The best part was when they were pushing the cars to the side of the road with Clarkson saying "this is the future of driving guys"
That was over a decade ago, they picked a route that was deliberately beyond the range of the vehicles and when the did charge they used 3 pin sockets, which is a real last resort. Top gear makes entertaining car themed TV but it鈥檚 not unbiased consumer advice.

Anyway jhermen welcome to the world of electric cars, the e-up! Is a great little car if it fits your usage pattern. If you have it as a second car you will find yourself using it at every opportunity due to the difference in running costs

1 - 7 of 7 Posts