Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New kid, saying hello

I've had a High up! for little over a month now and absolutely loving it. I upgraded from my first car - a Ford Ka and I can safely say I will be staying with VW for a long time to come!

Working my way up, feel free to say hi!

Holly

·
Registered
333 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum just keep on enjoying The beautiful up.
Regards phill. š—Edited by: Bossphillip

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Hi Holly. So glad you are pleased with your Up! Happy motoring.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the great welcome everyone!

Tim31 I'm from St. Albans, Hertfordshire

upmancotswolds I've found it can win a fair few races, not what I would have expected from a 1.0l at all :p I agree with you entirely, Up wins every time!

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Hi Holly,

I had a VW Lupo for 10.5 years before.
The up! doesn't always win - but most of the time ...

Tell us a bit more about your high up! ...
There are so many configurations possible.
It surely doesn't look like mine (100% ex factory) - see link below.

Which colour did you choose? 3 or 5 door? Extras?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That sounds like a proper VW, made to last! 10.5 years is impressive.In comparison to the ka I feel the up! is forever winning!

Okay, well the exterior of my up! appears to be nearly exactly the same as yours without the chrome strip on the boot. Very funky interior, I like your style!

I called my up! Sammy because lets face it, you must name your car.
Black
3 door
Black interior, polka seats
Spoke wheels with white centre (unsure whether to change to black or not!)

Pretty standard version, I was on a strict budget and managed to get some great offers to keep the finance down, i.e £1200 in total off the end price of the car and didn't have to pay £500-odd for black - v. chuffed!

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Well; my Lupo never let me down - and it was nearly perfect when I sold it.
Maybe because I never washed it during the 10.5 years?
The black colour had a brown green "natural finish" (parking under trees).
The dealer washed it after I sold it for my up! and I saw the Lupo on the service car park then. The colour wasn't as new - but the Lupo had no rust at all (which I knew).

Yes, I also think about black wheels centres ...

Always a good drive with your Sammy!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You never washed it?! That's impressive, black cars look acceptable mucky though so I'm sure the novelty of keeping it clean soon wore off as it did with my silver ka and as I'm sure it will with Sammy also! I bet you hardly recognised it haha, they do a deceivingly great job of making cars look good at dealers.

I'm unsure how to go about changing them anyway but I think it looks quirky (when they're clean)
Little things

Yet to dink the alloys though...haven't regretted not getting alloy wheel insurance yet (fingers crossed)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Welcome !
Glad to see another Up! owner so close to Bedfordshire ! You'll probaly see my Up! In St. Albans on weekends sometimes ! Enjoy the Up!
-Luke

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Luke! I'll be sure to keep an eye out
Only just moved back to Herts from Luton actually, we've probably crossed paths

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nice video, are the sill protectors, boot/bumper sill protectors and skirts available after purchase? I didn't get the option to add them when going through the config stage.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Mines still on finance :p! It's sat on its arse on coilovers, should've seen Volkswagens face when they couldn't get it on the ramps. But yeah, roofs been wrapped, took the rear wiper off, wind deflectors and de-badged it. Sticker down the window, also got my sub in it for the wobs! Going to put some Porsche wheels on it in January! I do love my Polygons though :O!

·
Registered
164 Posts
LukeJohnWhetton said:
Mines still on finance :p! It's sat on its arse on coilovers, should've seen Volkswagens face when they couldn't get it on the ramps. But yeah, roofs been wrapped, took the rear wiper off, wind deflectors and de-badged it. Sticker down the window, also got my sub in it for the wobs! Going to put some Porsche wheels on it in January! I do love my Polygons though :O!
How is the financial plan in England, how many payments and how much are the additional costs?
I'm paying a Volkswagen savings plan of 84 parts/months.

Regards

1 - 20 of 20 Posts