Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Popped in a set of Osram nightbreaker plus. They do make a difference and would recommend them highly.

Did anyone else find the plug difficult to remove from the old bulb?

·
Registered
705 Posts
Yes, on the driver's side, but someone else struggled with the other one.

Nick

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I struggled with the passenger side. It was really tight. Pleased with my bulbs though.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Just the standard H4 ones?

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
AlanG said:
I'm quite happy with my lights so I'm wondering if the issue is only with MY12 cars?

I'm happy with my lights as well, they perform a lot better than my golfs lights and I had some osram bulbs in there, I've changed my indicator bulbs to the philips silver vision (or something like that) and I found the bulbs to be firmly in place and tighten them back up was a bit firm but theres a rubber grommet I guess to stop water and crap getting into the casing. I'm a bit 50/50 weather to change my headlights, if I do I don't know what drl replacements there are apart from LED ones which I don't want

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I only say because if we have a whiter light from the headlamps and a yellow from drl/sidelights then it'll look odd

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Privatedoc said:
Just the standard H4 ones?   
Yeah, found the connector very stiff to pull away from the original lamp. In the end I pulled the rubber bungs back and removed the lamp out of the light. Was a bit easier to get to the connector that way. Any who looks great now.

As for drl, you need a dual filament as it runs at 5w and 21w.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Did all mine with MTEC's on the day I picked it up, my passenger side H4 connector was a bugger to remove, DRL's were a breeze however.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What DRL did you use? Already changed the indicators to the Phillips silver style. :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi,

Did anyone go for an all yellow bulbs? I found some cheap yellow bulbs all around and looked at some other cars, seams nice. Unique. But it would be nice to see it on an Up! if somebody has this setup.

·
Registered
811 Posts
I have noticed that the lights on my March 2012 Take Up are excellent whereas those on my 2013 High Up are pretty average. I'm going to upgrade them - any suggestions?

·
Registered
811 Posts
Just ordered a pair from Amazon, £11.Thanks!

·
Registered
583 Posts
Allybasher said:
I have noticed that the lights on my March 2012 Take Up are excellent whereas those on my 2013 High Up are pretty average. I'm going to upgrade them - any suggestions? 
Check their adjustment first. (beam length, width)
Some ups get delivered with the lights improperly adjusted so it appears the lights are bad.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Excellent tip, thanks.

·
Registered
705 Posts
I tried that at my dealer and they fobbed me off with the "they can't be adjusted" line. I'll have to give it another go.

Nick

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Some dealers are better than others. I would have thought the lighting alignment would be part of the PDI. I was very happy with the way my dealer prepared my car for hand over.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Very very easy to adjust the cut off point at least. I can't say about beam width as I don't know.
For the cut off point there is just an Allen head screw atop each light unit. Turn the lights on, park in front of a garage door/wall so you can see the beam, and twist away! It's that simple

1 - 20 of 25 Posts