Up Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all.

Traded my 2007 citroen c1 in for a 2013 UP! The most basic one. I mean this thing is seriously basic but it's just a second family car to get me to and from work. I got the car for £3000 from an AA approved care sales buisness. It has come with 12 Months MOT, 2 years warranty, 1 year free AA breakdown cover, a small service of oil change and oil/air filter change and 60,000 miles on the clock. Its had 1 previous owner. My C1 only had 72,000 miles on it it I was its 7th owner and it was just abused basically before I got it but ran fine but just quoted £400 for a full exhaust system that needed on it as that went 2 days ago.

The UP is in great condition but because I have purchased this is there anything I need to keep an eye out for? Are they ok to go to like 80,000 miles and beyond? It's got part service history. Do people think I've made a right choice by doing this. We never wanted to spend as much on just a 2nd family run about but the c1 was starting to become an issue and after buying it realised it was sold with some annoying niggles and things glued on etc etc (but only paid £1000 for it)

Do any help or info would be great !

·
Registered
143 Posts
I'd say you're looking good. My 15-plate has about the same number of miles on it, is slightly above the basic spec (Move Up! instead of Take Up!), I'm its second owner and it's ticking along nicely. It's just hit its first niggle with one of the oxygen sensors, but as it's still under warranty it's going in to be sorted next week. Considering some of the inspection items are listed as ok until 240,000km/133,000mi, I'd say you've got a good few years left on it as long as it's serviced regularly and generally cared for. You might even come to upgrade it to your 1st family runabout! :)
Welcome to the forum - plenty of people here happy to help if you do hit any problems.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Bargain! My 62 plate has about 62700 on the clock, financing like a blinking idiot at £4861... Just want to get rid for an up GTI at this point.
As long as you can get over the Volkswagen up "characteristics" then it is an absolutely sterling car.
Keep an eye out for the possible grind every now and then as you go into reverse, and the coaxing you have to do to get into first gear after that. Only when cold.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here she is, bodywork seems really clean on her. I'm not too worried about any VW characteristics aslog as it's not full brake down. Got some mats coming for her ok wednesday. And I'm really hoping she's a reliable little car for the next 3 years
  1. 4550

·
Super Moderator
3,149 Posts
Great wee car.....worth a headlight bulb upgrade to osram night breakers...cheap and well worth it

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok just took your advice but bought the Phillip's white vision H4's as they seem to get better reviews. Are the bulbs easy to change on the UP! ?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Nice and straightforward:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Great litle cars. We bought a 2014 Move Up for our son to learn to drive in September '18, 41000 miles and we paid £4600. He's now passed his test almost a year ago and uses it daily on short trips. It has been ideal and trouble free, other than a service the only thing its needed are a couple of DRL bulbs. Its a nice car to drive, not that I get near it other than when it needs washed these days!
Im sure yours will be a dependable and likeable run about.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Looks in really good nick !
Well done.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ye I'm just hoping it keeps reliable! 😂. The only downside to the car is no central locking. Its 20nyears ago since I had to walk around both sides to unlock the door, so for a 2013 thought them days would be non existent, and I'm not bothered about having any mod cons on the inside, less to go wrong. But it's the only thing it cwould have been nice to have. Other than that seems spot on.bfor £65 a month for a 2013 plate VW with 1 owner and part service history, and all books and ful MOT cant go wrong I guess....just hope it's not too good to be true!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts