Up Owners Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok had the new 2017 High Up a week now after the Wife raved about how she loved her Move up.I traded my Scirocco in for the High UP yes a big step away from Expensive Diesel Cars.
But as I only use the car to commute 60 Miles a day for work I wanted to reduce the running cost but not compromise my ride.

Well i have to say I love it. Light, Airy, Nimble and great space to be in on the commute.
I should have listened to the Missus.

I was Surprised that there is no CD But have managed to connect music through phone by bluetooth and the cars connectivity via the new UP App. I suppose its the way forward. (I still like my CDs).
The new Radio is brilliant as it has FM AM and DAB. A lot better that our other UP which only has DAB.
The bigger screen is better to.

There are quite a few changes from the older Up but I think better changes like Wheel arc liners, Hill start., On board computer with steering wheel controls, in fact the computer is very similar to the Scirocco.
It also has the clock and time displayed on the screen and on the the radio face. no need to change the display from one to another.

I will need Wind deflectors as the water when you open the window drips straight on to the Electrical switches for the windows but a minor point which can be rectified.
Overall very happy happy with the New High Up.

Might see if i can get a set of the Classic Alloy wheels for the Car but very few around.

Thanks Tony

·
Registered
239 Posts
Are you saying your new Hi up has rear wheel arch liners as standard?as i was just about to order a set
in anticipation of delivery of my wifes new hi up.

·
Super Moderator
1,040 Posts
Hi and welcome to the club!

Nice Up you have there! Nicely spec'd too!

According to the chassis number, this Up has rear archliners! I've not actually looked at one to see if they come with them, I'll have to go check now!

·
Registered
125 Posts
I pick up my new HIGH UP in about a weeks time I am an old f---- and have no use for an
I phone and dont own one and was not thinking of buying one just to use the satnav. I was wondering if it will play music through a mini player connected via the usb point.
do you know? and can you take the phone bracket off from the dash if it is not needed It does look a bit unsightly. It does seem a bit of a backward step that I will loose the maps and more satnav I have with my current UP.
cheers MIKE

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know what you mean with the phone cradle
Cannot see a planking plate for the cradle but its not in the wayI tried to load maps through the iphone but it said my phone has not got enough memory ARHHHHHH
Back to good old Garmin sat nav.
I have not tried the USB point its under the cradle.
and yes i cannot be bothered to keep plugging the phone in The radio is fine....

·
Registered
239 Posts
That is very good news regarding rear arch liners especially living up country lanes covered in gravel & stones .I am not sure about the smart phone arrangement i wonder if you could fit a 5" sat nav in the holder?

·
Registered
957 Posts
My High Up did have a CD slot.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Did investigate retrofit when I bought my up! in October last year; the dealership even ordered them into stock. But, they couldn't work out how to fit them and gave up (I instructed them not to drill any holes and to use holes which should already have been there, though would have been bunged up by sealant).

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I want to know if the new rear lights will fit on the old up!! :)

·
Super Moderator
1,040 Posts
I think the new lights will fit, however they have moved the fog light into the bumper, so its not on the light cluster anymore.

I want to fit the new headlamps with the LED's built in, but they look like a slightly different shape in one corner by the radiator grille, so don't think they will fit either!Edited by: lupogtiboy

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Oh well... Never mind...

Thanks

1 - 18 of 18 Posts