Up Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally came the day to collect my new Up. It took just under 8 weeks from ordering to being ready at the dealers.

Handover was great, they had it in the 'new car room' under a cover. Literally drove it out of the showroom! After reading a few threads on here I had a list of my own checks to do, top of which was to make sure the Maps and More was the newer Garmin unit, and that the parking sensors were factory fitted and not a dealer effort!

The car is a 3dr High Up BMT in black, with sports pack and sensor pack. Only other additions were premium mats & servicing.

Haven't driven that far in it today, and not used the maps and more features beyond just checking it communicated with the car and worked correctly, but all seems to be fine. I must have (touch wood) got a decently built one as next to no vibration on idle, start/stop working like a dream, a quiet gearchange and no rattles.

Obviously time and mileage will tell if things stay that way, but right now I'm a happy owner!!

Edited by: upmancotswolds

·
Registered
397 Posts
Here's to many enjoyable miles of motoring! If yours serves you as well as ours is serving us, I think you'll be well pleased. Nothing's perfect in this world, but I'd say the up!, for its class, is an excellent contender. (And I say that knowing you will be able to raise and lower the front passenger's window from the driver's side - something I cannot do!)

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
PeterWestSussex said:
I say that knowing you will be able to raise and lower the front passenger's window from the driver's side - something I cannot do!

sadly not...mine was built early October so I missed that useful upgrade by a few weeks! can't win 'em all

·
Registered
333 Posts
Hi nice choice.you will have less sleepless nights now that you have your car. LOL.
Hope you have years of trouble free motoring.
Kind regards phill.‘

·
Registered
90 Posts
Looking very smart!

I do like the "Triangle" wheels and the sport pack tinted windows. (hehehe, thats why ours was ordered with the same! - and it moved to Status3 today!
)

·
Registered
180 Posts
Interesting - looks nice!

Is it just me or has the Up! always had the little chin splitters a la the Mii? Your one looks different (in a good way) for whatever reason.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jelly said:
Looking very smart!

I do like the "Triangle" wheels and the sport pack tinted windows. (hehehe, thats why ours was ordered with the same! - and it moved to Status3 today!
)

Thanks for comments!<div style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px;">

<div style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px;">I love the triangle alloys - easily my favourite wheel design on a car I've owned . What doesn't come across in photos is how 'deep' and chunky they look on the car, and also just how polished the finish is on them. Kerbs will be my greatest enemy now...and yours when you get it!
<div style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px;">

<div style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px;">And don't be concerned about the ride aspect, it's not hard at all with the sports suspension...it just takes some of the body roll out. It's amusing having a car with decent handling and yet having such light steering to go with it.

<div style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px;">Away on holiday in a weeks time which will be a drive from Gloucestershire over to Suffolk and then back, so a perfect way to get used to the car, put some miles on to loosen the engine, see for myself what kind of mpg a long journey will give me, and generally to have a play with everything!

<div style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px;">TT - not sure about the chin spoiler, I guess all the Ups have always had them though

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Have owned my Up just over a week now and still getting used to everything. Finally got round to trying out the heated seats and cruise today - all work fine, and nice toys to have.

Have also completed the one and only mod I'll be doing on my Up - namely, replacing the orange indicators at the front for clear ones (still flash orange, of course!) which to my mind makes the front of the car look a lot neater. Hadn't planned on doing it, but from a distance the 'fried egg' look was rather noticeable to me, and for less than a tenner it was a cheap change.

Very pleased at how easy it was to do as well, the bulb holder was easily accessible from under the bonnet - no tools or force needed, a simple twist and it comes out, replace the orange cheapo's with Philips Silvervision or similar, and replace.

Job done!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Yeah I think the front splitters are less obvious on dark-coloured triples. Certainly they are very obvious on my white Mii (and I like them).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts