Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey uppers!

Just made my presentation thread a coulple of days ago. Now it's time for the proper order thread!

Our order is a 4-door High Up!, Flash Red (also called Tornado Red), Mercosur (South America) version! For those not familiar with the local version, it includes:

Central locking
Front electric windows
Rear parking sensors with indication on the radio's display
Rear & front fog lights
S.A.V.E. system in the trunk
Two Airbags & ABS
Aircon/Electric steering
Red dash cover
Black interior (I believe)
15" alloy wheels, I think "Sao Paulo" design

And I'm looking forward to these accesories once it's here:

Key cover with Up! logo
Fabric floor mats
And some other depending on the money left :p

And a special thing I didn't mentioned before; we are getting a Think Blue folding bike as a gift for being one of the first 500 buyers! (At least the dealer promised one for me, I hope they'll do):

Check it here

So, it's going to be here in a month more or less. There wasn't red ones as they didn't came on the first shipment from Brazil. I'll keep you update and I promise many photos!

See you!

Edited by: Hambert

·
Registered
325 Posts
Sounds great! Look forward to seeing photos...

·
Registered
88 Posts
Look forward to seeing pics of your UP and your bike

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just a little update!!

Today we have effectively sold my red precious
(although it's still in my garage as the new owner, a friend's brother, asked me to leave it there until he gets a new parking place around where he lives).

So, the Up!. Last week was a little scary I must say. When we called for the first time after 20 days to ask about how the order was going, and after asking (just to be sure) for the bike, the seller told us the bike was not confirmed!! We ended up shocked and very upset as the seller told us it was a done deal the time when we paid the reserve!! A real shame. After many emails, talking with managers and even VW Argentina, they called us today to say that the bike will be ours finallyWhat a relief!

Also, we have been assigned a VIN number for a particular unit wich is already in the country. So all we must do is pay the whole car and it will be here in nearly 10 days.

Keep you updated guys, cheers!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Another little update: Car is paid, registration papers are signed. According to the dealer, it will be here this week or at least next one, so they think we can get it next week!

Can hardly wait...

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
is it a brazil spec one with metal tailgate....bet you are excited!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yup! Should be exactly as this one:

Couldn't find a good rear photo for a red one though:

And the interior should look like this:

·
Registered
540 Posts
It's so weird seeing the UP without the full glass tailgate.

But congrats OP! :) Really wish we had the indicator mirrors here in the UK.

Also, love the fact you get a bike. :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Fidel!

More updates: Car is registered and already at the dealer facilities, insurance papers ongoing and it's ready for delivery.

We're picking it up on Thursday morning after confirmation from the dealer on Wednesday.

Can anyone give me tips for going thru today and tomorrow more quickly? (Please no drugs or alcohol, I have to study... lol)

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Does your up! have a navigation system?
Then I would suggest playing music onto a microSD card.
Don't know if the South American up!s have this feature ...

Well; in Argentina you surely don't count sheep to sleep but cattle?

Curious to see photos of your new up! !!!

I have the red dash too - and it looks much nicer than on the photo above!

Short waiting time
Andreas

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Andreas!

No it doesn't have Maps & More, I already have a much more reliable Garmin Nüvi 200 with custom maps (i say more reliable because Original Garmin maps are really bad in my country), or even my Lumia 925 with Here Maps (which can connect via Bluetooth to the car). Didn't want to expend the extra 900 EUR (it's not optional, you have to shift to the red/white/black special editions) just for having the Think Blue indicators or the temperature/RPM on the M&M unit. I also liked the Waffle alloys which only come with the High version.

So the only thing the car is lacking is a SD slot. But it does have USB so I have to buy one of those slim USB pen drives and copy all the files from my old SD from the old car :p

I promise the photos as soon as it enters the garage!Edited by: Hambert

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't want to flood the thread, but had to do another update

Delivery day will be definitely on friday and not tomorrow, they were too busy tomorrow, just did the final call with the dealer. I'll be picking it up at 2 PM, but then I have class at 4PM so pictures won't be online only after 8 PM (that's GMT-3, so you can expect them on saturday :p).

Also yesterday the accesories saleswoman called and offered me some at-the-dealer extras like window tinting, etc. I went for the anti-theft locking wheel nuts, and also asked for the Up! key cover and the fabric floor mats but those are Up!-exclusive accesories and they haven't any yet.

Ok see you on friday guys, seems like I'll be holding on for an extra day more than expected. Ohh how I hate waiting

Cheers!

Edited by: Hambert

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Hi Hambert,

your Friday 8 pm Argentina time means Saturday German time ...

I bought the up! key cover but ...
It only lasts until you have to change the battery in your key! Then you have to remove it and can't use it again. Looks somehow cool, but it is somehow useless. Better buy an up! mug (coffe cup) or something similar for the money ...

·
Registered
540 Posts
Really looking forward to those pictures!

On a serious note has anyone ever bought any of the UP! merchandise such as the mugs, hoodies or rucksacks?

I mean...for the price of them, you may as well buy something for the car, right?

Edited by: Fidel_Castronaut

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
the merchandise is not very good to be honest , there are plenty of colour-coded rubber key covers on ebay and when you have 2 UP's, it helps to find the right key!....

for example item number 261401030062

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, here I am! So far, so good! I'm already in love with the little red one.

Last night was horrible, though. I got sick and had fever,nausea, also nightmares (that the Up! was faulty
) and couldn't sleep at all. Luckily after some pills I was OK at the morning and could pick it up!

But all went just awesome and we got the car and the bike! (Also a wine buttle, but I don't like wine, haha).

Now is 8:15PM and just came back from a 4 hour class, I didn't take many photos at the dealer because of the excitement, sorry about that. Nice photos coming tomorrow with the sunlight!

Here's at the dealer, with 10km on the clock:

This one was taked by the dealer, no more photos by me after the last one :p That's me on the left, my mother and a friend:

And from now on just minutes ago after coming back from college:

Yes I know, there's a plastic piece missing and no leather at the wheel!

That's all for this thread guys, incoming photos will be on the gallery forum.

Cheers!Edited by: Hambert

1 - 20 of 23 Posts