Up Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Swapping Range Rover sport for a 5dr high up in white and E class. (Combined purchase and running costs less on paper...) Planning on using the UP! As my runabout for my bike shop in southampton. Keen to fit a tow ball to occasionally deliver bikes with a Thule rack. (not for towing!) I've seen a couple of suppliers on eBay and inter web, grateful for anyone's first hand experience. I'm also planning on getting it 'wrapped' or at least sign written. Again, any advise gratefully received! ‘�Edited by: DaveM

·
Registered
540 Posts
Hi Dave - Good choice for the runaround.

I know a couple of decent wrapping companies here in Birmingham but I don't think helps you looking at your location, heh.

RE:bikes on the rear- I'm actually just buyingsome thule roof bars offanother member this week - My experience of converstaions over tow balls on this site has been to avoid hauling bikes on the rear due to the glass tailgate on the up. The roof bars do a more than adequate job but obviously depends on load quantities (which I imagine is small withconsidering you're getting a up?).
Edited by: Fidel_Castronaut

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the feedback guys, just picked it up and already obsessed with the blue score. It only for occasional shifting of bikes, so I might have a rethink
and I'm investigating wrapping V's magnetic signs.. RTFM commences!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, I'm very impressed with the build quality and spec, the heated seats and sat nav are better than the Range Rover. A few things I failed to notice when I was test driving such as rear windows only opening on a hinge and for switches not being illuminated but both are minor compared to the fun of driving such a gem!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Dave
Not too sure you have been given the correct info re bike carriers.

Using the traditional "Halfords" style, that clips and rests on the tailgate are obviously a big no no - which I think Fidel was referring to.

But the bike carrying towball should be perfect for you as it is entirely independent of the tailgate.

A search on here might reveal another member who has had the towball fitted.

You must run a big operation - which part of Southampton is your bike shop?

Good luck.

Edited by: snes

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
snes, thanks, I'll contact him. I've found a couple of tow bars, one even with TUV certification to tow!!! my operations is not huge, actually one shop - The Hub Cycleworks but I have other business interests - but this one is by far the most enjoyable
Edited by: DaveM

·
Registered
540 Posts
snes said:
Dave
Not too sure you have been given the correct info re bike carriers.

Using the traditional "Halfords" style, that clips and rests on the tailgate are obviously a big no no - which I think Fidel was referring to.

But the bike carrying towball should be perfect for you as it is entirely independent of the tailgate.

A search on here might reveal another member who has had the towball fitted.

You must run a big operation - which part of Southampton is your bike shop?

Good luck.

Apologies - You're on the money.

·
Registered
540 Posts
upmancotswolds said:
You know, I've had my high up a week now and had completely forgotten about the heated seats...not even tried them, oops!

Oh they're a god send over winter - Warm's your bum right up! :) ha

1 - 13 of 13 Posts