Up Owners Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone !

Thanks for the info I've got from here in the past.

I'm getting my new white High Up ASG next week; I've already sat in it.

I would be interested to know how people have found the ASG gearbox by July 2013. Good experiences as well as bad ones would be of great interest.

best wishes to every up user.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Plenty of threads on here already. Use the search function look for automatic or asg. personally I am well satisfied.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Ditto above post.

·
Registered
124 Posts
The ASG gearbox judging by the complaints on this and other forums causes a lot of a bother with endless niggling faults one contributor to this forum has yet to run his car properly as its always in the agents.But perhaps you will have no bother at all there must be some trouble free boxes out there.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
As has already been said you mainly get negative feedback on this forum. Comments from non asg owners should be disregarded. It's beginning to be like Marmite you either love asg or hate it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks Beevee for your comments. I was hopingto get some positive comments from asg drivers. I'm a great user of marmite. Next Wednesday is a big one for me.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I am sure you will not be disappointed with your new up. Just remember it is an automated manual not an automatic and requires a different driving technique. Hope you have fun. Edited by: Beevee

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi! I now have had my candy white High Up! for over a week. It seems a lovely car. I'm very pleased with the ASG. It seems different than manual gear changes. My guess is that people notice the changes because they are not moving the levers themselves. Anyway, so far so good. I have found the digital aspects of the car take some time to comprehend. Maps and More seems somewhat odd, more so as no information seemed to be provided with it.

I'm very glad I chose this high spec VW, goodbye to Ford after many years. I hope to read other folk's positive experiences and hope mine continue to be so.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Hi Rob. Glad you are enjoying your Up! I was sure you would. I know what you mean by lack of information. I am used to having a manual to read. Maps and More does have an inbuilt manual you can refer to. Happy motoring.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I'm loving my ASG too, alot better then I first expected :) Enjoy!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I do like the look of the Skoda Citigo Sport,with the stripes, Black wheels and different seats,but it is not available in Automatic.I also will be interested in the UP GT,but again not if you cant get it in automatic.I have had loads of manual and automatic cars over the years,but now i would only have automatics,no matter if they are ASG,DSG, CVT,etc. So good in the stop start traffic we have today.

Talking about information manual books.I trust the UP does come with a drivers manual as well as the service book,or is it a DVD instead?

·
Registered
705 Posts
I got a printed manual when I collected my car just over a year ago. I don't imagine it's changed in the meantime.

Nick

·
Registered
217 Posts
Yes it does come with an instruction manual book.
Edited by: ZillUp

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thanks guys.Its good to know it comes with a printed manual, as so many cars now only come with DVD manuals instead.Its like so many cars do not come with spare wheels these days,or you have to pay extra for them.I know it was extra on the UP,but now it is standard. What will be the next step with car makers. Oh does sir want a steering wheel with his new car? That will be an extra £100,oh and sir wants seats as well?That will be £500 extra!!

·
Registered
217 Posts
SMART EXAMINER said:
Thanks guys.Its good to know it comes with a printed manual, as so many cars now only come with DVD manuals instead.Its like so many cars do not come with spare wheels these days,or you have to pay extra for them.I know it was extra on the UP,but now it is standard. What will be the next step with car makers. Oh does sir want a steering wheel with his new car? That will be an extra £100,oh and sir wants seats as well?That will be £500 extra!!

Guess they are going for the "Ryanair model"

The new model of pricing if done like this:

A/C with the car will be FREE.
To fill the A/C with gas will cost £500.
Nuts and bolts for the A/C to get fitted £100.
Someone to fit it at factory £500.
A/C button to the dash £200.
A/C wiring £100.
List goes on and on...

Edited by: ZillUp

·
Registered
44 Posts
ZillUp said:
SMART EXAMINER said:

Guess they are going for the "Ryanair model"

The new model of pricing if done like this:

A/C with the car will be FREE.
To fill the A/C with gas will cost £500.
Nuts and bolts for the A/C to get fitted £100.
Someone to fit it at factory £500.
A/C button to the dash £200.
A/C wiring £100.
List goes on and on...

Lol i like it a Ryanair special.Dont give them ideas!!
Years ago no car would ever have been sold without a spare wheel,but today people accept this.

On another subject re self service all you can eat Chinese and Indian buffets. It always makes me laugh if you go on "Trip Advisor" to see reviews,and people say the service was very good!! How can the service be very good when you serve yourself!!
Even better than that there is a self service Chinese buffet in London just off Regent st that has a sign in the window saying All you can eat £8-50 plus 10% service charge. Does that mean you give yourself the 10% tip seeing as you serve yourself? Even more amazing is the place is always full,so the public are happy to pay for this con.There is no way i will.

·
Registered
93 Posts
ISTR that Porshe used to supply some models with a "get-you-home", very basic steering wheel as they expected every customer to choose a wood and leather version. Also, BMW and Mercedes did not fit a radio as standard until fairly recently.

NickEdited by: NickInSurrey

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
sorry, see next post
Edited by: Rob

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I found the "maps and more" user manual from a link given in this forum.
This can also be found by googling
"vw maps and more uk user manual navigon" , choosing the first option then the union flag'

this gives a pdf file of the manual.

I transferred this to my Kindle , surprisingly it worked.

best wishes

Edited by: Rob

1 - 19 of 19 Posts