Up Owners Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have just taken delivery of my new High up 5d in black. I opted for the sensor pack to get cruise incl. Kind of wished I had dug deep for the sports pack. I'm planning on doing some subtle mods such as rear tints, LED bulbs but nothing to drastic but hey you never know where it may end up. Any advice/experiences will be appreciated.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Wish ours had CC!!! I wouldnt be looking to retrofit now if not!!!

Spec sounds nice, how do you find the 5 door? We were surprised how easy the 3 door was with a child seat in the rear over the weekend.

·
Registered
540 Posts
There a few threads on here where people have had LEDs installed. Just be careful which one you buy (search in the mods section for the DRL/sidelight replacements thread).

Just had mine tinted over the weekend and it looks much smarter now, especially with the black tailgate. Blends the entire rear into one now (see: modifications section, "My Tungsten silver high up").

Other than that just search for the forum. There are plenty of people who have done subtle mods on their UPs because they're so easy to mod! Hope you enjoy your fantastic little car :)

Edited by: Fidel_Castronaut

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers guys! Yeah i do prefer the look of the 3door but head wins
On the matter of LED's looks a bit of a minefield tbh. Can anybody recommend good looking non led DRL bulbs?

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
mine too, should be waiting for me tonight when I get home!

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
AND MINE!Fun tonight playing at mechanics!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Just fitted them - they don't appear much brighter but they are definitely whiter
In fact, I've just been to the local Tesco Express and a young lad in a Tornado Red Move Up (who was approaching from the opposite direction) parked next to me, admired my new car, and asked if I'd got LEDs! I took his number to text him the link to ebay

PS - they are extremely easy to fit. Just twist the bulb holder about 45 degrees anticlockwise (when viewing from the back) and remove it from the lamp unit. The old bulb simply pulls out and the new one pushes in.
Edited by: Umiamz

·
Registered
540 Posts
^^ Good to know they're working for you, mate :)

I did actually see a citigo driver looking at my lights in traffic the other day. heh.

·
Registered
251 Posts
The crucial question IMHO is how blue are they when the engine's off?

·
Registered
540 Posts
Not very. They're obviously 'blue', but unless you went right up to them and looked you'd struggle to notice it in passing. They're certainly not obscene.

·
Registered
325 Posts
The DRL reflectors look blueish when the engine's off but it actually looks OK against the Candy White paintwork.

I could see it when walking back to the car from Tesco but mainly because I was specifically looking for it and also the car park slopes up so I was low enough to be able to see the whole reflector.
Edited by: Umiamz

·
Registered
13 Posts
I got this message when I typed in the compatibility - "This item does not fit VW UP 2013 -- [2011-2014] Hatchback 1.0."

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok first mod done yeah! Got rid of the nasty orange indicators and it already look fresher.

I've booked in for the window tints £130 for the rear 3 windows. A lot cheaper than out the VW factory fit.

DRL bulbs orders cheers guys for the tip on those :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts