Up Owners Club banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi from Sunny West Yorkshire!
Unexpectedly ordered a white move Up! With Maps & More a couple of weeks ago. Dealer says delivery is currently due for 28th Sept,
But expects that move in a bit as the production ramps up.
Managed to get the dealer to chuck in mats and spare wheel.
Why did I go for an up? Well decided to raplace my Ford Ka and just wanted another new city car as cheap as possible. Drove the Hyundai i10.
It was pretty good and for the money the base model is a steal. However, drove the Up! Straight after and was so impressed with the ride and handling
And the fact that the interior finish is very good compared to the other super minis.
My wife summed it up. The i10 is cheap transport that does everything you need.
However, the Up! is something you would be proud to own.
When you take into account the cheaper servicing and insurance on the Up! the uplift for the Up! is only £800. And I'm sure the VW
will hold it's value better.
Can't wait to be honest and I have never said that about any of the city cars I have owned before and I have had a few (Ford KA, Daewoo Matiz,
Hyundai Atoz, Fiat Cinqecento Sport).

·
Registered
122 Posts
Welcome to up! ownershipI totally agree with you on the i10 versus the up! - my wife has just got an i10 and the up! is far superior
Now the wait till end of September
,it will definately be worth the wait

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Leif,
It's the basic 1.3 on a 55 plate which I have had from new.
It's a great little car and fun to drive. Brilliant in the snow. Noisy at speed.
However, when you compare it to a modern super mini, it shows that it really is a 30 year old design!

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Good move! Welcome!

·
Registered
956 Posts
Nice to have another new member from God's Own County. Welcome to the forum and excellent choice

·
Premium Member
3,142 Posts
Welcome , good to have you aboard!

·
Registered
532 Posts
clowesa said:
Nice to have another new member from God's Own County. Welcome to the forum and excellent choice

I am hoping for a northern UK edition of the electric up. It will come in two varieties.

the ee up lad for the white yorkists and the

ee up chuck for the special red edition for the lancastrians.

·
Registered
432 Posts
ducatikid said:
clowesa said:

I am hoping for a northern UK edition of the electric up. It will come in two varieties.

the ee up lad for the white yorkists and the

ee up chuck for the special red edition for the lancastrians.
Excellent
You'll have to take a small generator in the boot, though...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.