Up Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, new to the group having just bought a Move UP! I've only done around 20 miles & was dubious giving it only has 59hp, but pleasantly surprised how well it drives. Also impressed with the quality of the interior & the rear seats down flat floor load space. It has reversing beepers which I presume was an option.
Automotive side-view mirror Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle
Wheel Tire Automotive side-view mirror Car Vehicle
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Car seat cover Steering wheel

·
Registered
242 Posts
Welcome, everyone who drives one says pretty much the same, its more expensive than a lot of superminis but you get what you pay for, of course the only problem is that after you've driven a Tsi or GTi there is no going back..., probably an option but I thought it was a package (cruise and park) where you get cruise as well but perhaps not

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi Delbert and welcome to the UP Owners Club. One month ago I got a Skoda CitiGo but that is the 75 bhp version. However, just over two weeks ago the wife got a CitiGo which 60 bhp and, like you, am surprised how nippy it is. We love our cars, I am sure you will love yours too.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Welcome. What age is your car.? I have an UP GTI and Cruise control and rear parking beepers come as a pack together as an extra cost option.

They are excellent cars, but i do like the Mazda MX5 and the latest MIni as well. However i am a petrol head and like many other cars including the latest Aygo X and Abarth 595 automatic in bright Yellow.

I must behave myself and keep my UP GTI for a few more years. I do love it.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Welcome. Odd to have parking sensors but no cruise. Probably a retrofit - VW sold the kit as a post-purchase option. Do you have heated/power mirrors too?
Agree on the load space, it's brilliant. Very practical for the size.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome. Odd to have parking sensors but no cruise. Probably a retrofit - VW sold the kit as a post-purchase option. Do you have heated/power mirrors too?
Agree on the load space, it's brilliant. Very practical for the size.
Thank you. No it doesn't have heated power mirrors. Previous owner was an elderly lady who had it from new & didn't do many miles & mostly local, perhaps she asked them not to fit the cruise control.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Thank you. No it doesn't have heated power mirrors. Previous owner was an elderly lady who had it from new & didn't do many miles & mostly local, perhaps she asked them not to fit the cruise control.
More likely that she had the parking sensors added later. I find them very useful on my TSI - and accurate - as I've only got around 2in clearance left on my drive once the Up is parked.

Reactions: Delbert

·
Registered
32 Posts
More likely that she had the parking sensors added later. I find them very useful on my TSI - and accurate - as I've only got around 2in clearance left on my drive once the Up is parked.
Yeap, ... original PDC has only 3 sensors, one located below the license plate. This one has four non-OEM ones, of which 2 are located above the plate.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts